Chest pain

Hypehypehype

Hi been a type one or 3 years now, stupidly ran out of testing strips Friday and haven't been able to get any till tomorow so haven't been able to check my sugar for 3 days , got a pain in my chest nothing extremely painful but it's noticeable , to the left of my chest , wash sure if I should just wait it out till tomorow or go and see some one ? Just looking for a bi of advice thanks every one

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Try giving NHS Direct a call for advice.

Hope you soon feel better.
Angie

Brightside

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Never ignore a chest pain.
A simple blood test can say if you're having a heart attack or not.

Thing is if you are the longer you wait the more cardiac muscle dies off the more debilitating it becomes.

Of course it could be nothing but at least you will know.

Reactions: AwolPaul

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have heart problems and I would like to strongly advise you to get this checked out as soon as possilable. It could just be indegestion, but don't leave chest pains to chance.
If the pain increases or also affects your neck or arm on your left hand side then go to A & E to get it checked out .. Please ...

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi been a type one or 3 years now, stupidly ran out of testing strips Friday and haven't been able to get any till tomorow so haven't been able to check my sugar for 3 days , got a pain in my chest nothing extremely painful but it's noticeable , to the left of my chest , wash sure if I should just wait it out till tomorow or go and see some one ? Just looking for a bi of advice thanks every one

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Just wondering how your getting on...

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
Never ignore a chest pain.
A simple blood test can say if you're having a heart attack or not.

Thing is if you are the longer you wait the more cardiac muscle dies off the more debilitating it becomes.

Of course it could be nothing but at least you will know.

Thanks Enclave and Brightside for your advice. There is a good website here too on cardiac/diabetes connections. At times when I have chest pains it is during hypos, or stress. In this case it has been domestic stress, after waking up in the morning. The fact that my dr. recently conducted a cardiograph which was OK, means I think that it has been stress or anxiety. I wonder if I exercise today if that would get better. I currently have higher bg so it is not hypos. Thank you for reading.

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
You need to see a Dr as soon as you possibly can @Hypehypehype I had a heart attack ...in fact I have had three now, please seek medical help ASAP

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Erin and @ellagy just wanted to point out that this is a really old thread (nearly 4 yrs old) so the OP may not see your comments.

Having said that, anything that helps people with advice on chest pain is a good thing! :)

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)