Levels gone crazy (like pre pump crazy)

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
you should split the basal tests up into manageable portions.............

starting overnight is best as will be a fairly long period of time (5+hours) where no food or bolus insulin will be active........

keep us updated.....;)

Reactions: 5 people

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Do you think you could be coming down with something? Any illness and my numbers shoot up (a lot more than when I was on MDI). It wouldn't explain the hypo though. Hope you get it sorted.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm having a similar kind of issue, but not quite as high.

What insulin are you using?

I previously posted about needig now to inject for protien, low carbing isnt really helping like it used to or even having the same level of acceptability of carbs

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
What sets and pumps are you using?

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am on Animas vibe and use Inset II. Have been fine for 4 years until recently when BG went mad. I had a batch of faulty insets. Animas never openly admit this but from all fine to almost 100% set failure from a certain batch told me it was the sets. Tried sets from new batch and all fine. Call Animas and ask to swop the sets out for another batch asap.

Reactions: 7 people

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a blip last week. Couldn't keep below 10. I put it down to a honeymoon thing (basal testing has proved it still kicks in on the afternoons). Increased all basal rates and bolus ratios by 10% and I'm back on track!

Reactions: 4 people

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had a blip last week. Couldn't keep below 10. I put it down to a honeymoon thing (basal testing has proved it still kicks in on the afternoons). Increased all basal rates and bolus ratios by 10% and I'm back on track!

I've done that today for better or worse. Raised all by 10%. I actually set it up as a time of the month profile as I know at least 3 days a month I need that or a lot more

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I am on Animas vibe and use Inset II. Have been fine for 4 years until recently when BG went mad. I had a batch of faulty insets. Animas never openly admit this but from all fine to almost 100% set failure from a certain batch told me it was the sets. Tried sets from new batch and all fine. Call Animas and ask to swop the sets out for another batch asap.
There's an American pump forum which I read and funny enough the Americans have had or are having the same problems with Animas infusion sets.
I must admit I find Animas very bad on feed back, but very good at putting the blame squarely on the client. :(

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
There's an American pump forum which I read and funny enough the Americans have had or are having the same problems with Animas infusion sets.
I must admit I find Animas very bad on feed back, but very good at putting the blame squarely on the client. :(

Then all failures should be reported to MHRA.....

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Hooked, the suggestion of a bad batch of infusion sets is a good one. It would explain the hypers, and then your frustration (and possible over correction?) could explain the hypos. Illness is another possibility, again with frustration-overcorrection possibly explaining the hypo.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've done that today for better or worse. Raised all by 10%. I actually set it up as a time of the month profile as I know at least 3 days a month I need that or a lot more

I avoid ttotm issues with the implant, haven't had one in 2 years now :) bonus is no funny BG once a month!

My dr suggested raising my basals by 10% but I found I needed to adjust the bolus ratios too. retested most of the profiles and seems to have worked!

H

Hooked

Do you think you could be coming down with something? Any illness and my numbers shoot up (a lot more than when I was on MDI). It wouldn't explain the hypo though. Hope you get it sorted.
Don't think I'm coming down with anything. I'm in pain with a sore shoulder, though the rises and pain doesn't seem to correspond with each other.

H

Hooked

I'm having a similar kind of issue, but not quite as high.

What insulin are you using?

I previously posted about needig now to inject for protien, low carbing isnt really helping like it used to or even having the same level of acceptability of carbs
Novorapid. I bolus for no carb meals too. My levels are erratic regardless of whether I've eaten anything or not.

H

Hooked

That's interesting, wonder if that could be the cause. I'm in Northern Ireland though and diabetics here don't deal with Animas directly. Our supplies get ordered by the diabetes team at the hospital and we collect them once a month from there. I'll mention to the consultant on Tuesday that others have had issues with a batch though!

H

Hooked

I've considered upping my basal as I seem to be giving a lot of correction doses; but that hypo the other night has put the fear of god into me.

H

Hooked

I avoid ttotm issues with the implant, haven't had one in 2 years now :) bonus is no funny BG once a month!

My dr suggested raising my basals by 10% but I found I needed to adjust the bolus ratios too. retested most of the profiles and seems to have worked!
I've a coil in. Haven't had ttom for a long time, though the diabetic nurse tells me that the hormones can still effect levels even so.