LCHF Diet Newbie - High Blood Sugars

fittaedae

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People!
@Spiker I am eating about 30g carb per day sometimes less, but struggle to find a LCHF meal planner to get a good idea of what I should be eating and I struggle to find details on the correct ratio's to eat, so I feel I probably end up eating too much Protein and not enough fats, it will just take a while to get my head round eat more fat as been programmed by hospital that fat is BAD!! ;) I'm no longer using DAFNE rules and I accounted for all things with carbs anyway as I found out that the things that they said "dont count" I needed to anyway!

The stress is currently at an all time high due to work and family problems, but being signed off is not ideal as I'm dwelling on the work issues (problems caused by work colleagues and their issues with me being diabetic equals I'm disabled and therefore stupid!) and getting dragged into family problems as I am at home and accessible, but when at work I'm far far worse! I do have a lot on my plate right now, but its never gonna get any better for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for the links, much appreciated! Will have a read through and educate myself!

Cheers! :):D

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
OK that's "very low carb". In terms of calories you want to be looking about 5% carb, 15% or less protein, 80% fat.

Have you checked the low carb diet thread What have you eaten today? for meal ideas? There's loads of good stuff there?

As for the stress - I can only offer my sympathies. :-(

Reactions: 2 people

fittaedae

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People!
Hi,

I had a couple of hard boiled eggs for breakfast and a I have had couple of handfuls of mixed (unsalted) nuts, brazils, almonds, hazelnuts and walnuts throughout the morning, have had about three cups of coffee with small amount of cream, I am not a big eater in the morning. My sugar was a bit low last night so was 15.8 this morning... took insulin to correct and had background this morning at 07:30 and just tested again and its still high 15.4... have managed to find some good ideas today on the web but I know I'm doing something wrong just dont know what ;)

Stress very very bad today, not helped by high sugar though!