Not a great first attempt

trueblue

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am off this week watching the little one on her last week off the school so as I had time this morning I thought I would try one of the recipes in the LCHF book by Skaldeman I just got the other day.

I decided to go with the prawn omelette as I have had several of my own design in the past and like them for the taste and the protein content.

I had never made an omelette with whipping cream before but thought ok lets try it ,, at first when I added it to the eggs mix it looked less than appealing but when going into the pan and heating, it seemed to work quite well coming all together,,,, all good so far ,, until the prawn mix came along.

The book said to add 2 tablespoons of creme fresh with mayo and 2 tablespoons of yoghurt (which i missed out),, to the mayo/creme mix I added some mixed chillies and mixed all together. The book said to place the mix on top and fold the omelette. I think it meant to keep that mix aside and finish cooking both sides of the omelette first lol.

I have always cooked the prawns into my omelettes in the past so I put it on top and folded the omelette over the top,, the result ,, something I cant honestly describe in words.

Trying to eat it was even worse lol,, the prawn mix melted into a lukewarm gooy consistency that looked like what you might imagine biting into one of them aboriginal grub worms might look like,,, the whole thing was also sooo heavy I though my arteries would burst . I managed about half then noticed as I put things away that my prawns also where best before yesterday ,,, ughhh Dohh!!!

I was so envious when my daughter came back through to the kitchen still liking her lips with her empty plate after eating her French toast for her breakfast,,

Now staying within close proximity to the bathroom,,,just in case :(

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I am off this week watching the little one on her last week off the school so as I had time this morning I thought I would try one of the recipes in the LCHF book by Skaldeman I just got the other day.

I decided to go with the prawn omelette as I have had several of my own design in the past and like them for the taste and the protein content.

I had never made an omelette with whipping cream before but thought ok lets try it ,, at first when I added it to the eggs mix it looked less than appealing but when going into the pan and heating, it seemed to work quite well coming all together,,,, all good so far ,, until the prawn mix came along.

The book said to add 2 tablespoons of creme fresh with mayo and 2 tablespoons of yoghurt (which i missed out),, to the mayo/creme mix I added some mixed chillies and mixed all together. The book said to place the mix on top and fold the omelette. I think it meant to keep that mix aside and finish cooking both sides of the omelette first lol.

I have always cooked the prawns into my omelettes in the past so I put it on top and folded the omelette over the top,, the result ,, something I cant honestly describe in words.

Trying to eat it was even worse lol,, the prawn mix melted into a lukewarm gooy consistency that looked like what you might imagine biting into one of them aboriginal grub worms might look like,,, the whole thing was also sooo heavy I though my arteries would burst . I managed about half then noticed as I put things away that my prawns also where best before yesterday ,,, ughhh Dohh!!!

I was so envious when my daughter came back through to the kitchen still liking her lips with her empty plate after eating her French toast for her breakfast,,

Aww! Have an LCHF dessert recipe on me:
Individual chocolate pudding

Recipe makes 2

50g butter, melted in the microwave
3tbsp ground almonds
1 1/5 tbsp sweetner
1/4 tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt
1 egg
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 squares 70% dark flavoured with orange chocolate
Or
1 square 90% chocolate, chopped
2 tbsp pecans

Melt the butter in a bowl, add remaining ingredients and divide into 2 mugs and nuke for 1 minute per mug.

Turns out like chocolate sponge. Nice with double cream! Will look like a tiny amount when you put it in the cup but rises to twice the size! Enjoy! I advocate the orange choccie version!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only

Funny I always use double cream (as fat as possible please) with my eggs for omelette app 3 eggs and 1 tbsp cream, even tastier with some slices of full fat cheese and absolutely delicious with sliced mozzarella.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I've never cooked both sides of an omelette!

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I love Frittatas, but haven't made one for a while now

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lukewarm gooey consistency.. makes my mouth water.

I haven't got any of Skaldeman`s books but I always make omelettes with cream, the fatter the better, one tbsp per egg. But I scramble eggs in fat, butter if I haven't got anything better like bacon fat or duck fat.

Reactions: 2 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I make what I call smashed eggs.
Hot butter with salt and pepper in and then slip two eggs into it.
Just as the whites start to form I smash it all up.
I find it tastier than scrambled and the texture nicer.
I do it in a very heavy cast iron frying pan which keeps it's heat so I turn it off well before it's done and let it finish in the pan.
I never let it go dry ... soft and juicy on top.