SPOTLIGHT!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When I asked my DN for a meter she gave me one on prescription. She took the meter off the shelf in the room we were in. She advised me initially to aim for readings under 10. I aimed for lower. ;-)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

I also got a meter, probably off the same shelf! No prescription for further cassettes though!

K

Kat100

Have we considered that what ever diet gives us better or improved results , that our dieticians or health care practitioner really do panic when they discover that our hba1c readings are lower than theirs ....it confuses what advice they should be giving ....
Some can cope with this as positive for us the individual empowered patient , others really just don't know what to say or do ...

From personal experience I am sharing this .....
I know what diet I am following at the moment ....from trial and error and my choices...
I know that some of my health providers have said that their hba1c , mine being , 5.7 or 39% is lower than theirs ....some people have a much lower reading ....but this is me.
( equally they have not had to work hard to get to,these figures) ...but I do feel that panic sets in , when the patients reading is better than the "professionals"
I am a great believer in a partnership when it comes to patient and professional .....so maybe there are things we can learn from each other ...

Reactions: 2 people