Sporty Forty.e t

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today has been mostly housework - some window cleaning, vacuuming the bedroom, toilet etc - ashamed as I hadn't done it for ages ( doesn't seem worth it as we are constantly trailing dirt in from outside and room that is being replastered ) - then lots of ironing. Will get on bike after dinner.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today has been mostly housework - some window cleaning, vacuuming the bedroom, toilet etc - ashamed as I hadn't done it for ages ( doesn't seem worth it as we are constantly trailing dirt in from outside and room that is being replastered ) - then lots of ironing. Will get on bike after dinner.

Not feeling well today, so not able to get to the pool.

@cold ethyl has just shamed me into getting the vacuum cleaner out though, that should take half the 40 mins, and I will do some gentle physio to make up the rest.

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I felt sorry for mine so pulled the clumps out of the nozzle rather clogging it up. Trouble with vacuuming is that I had to go and get vacuum out of room I don't normally venture in and it reminded me that there's yet another wall needs re plastering after our chimney flood. Insurers paid to have it all redecorated and the paint has just bubbled and stained as plaster is saturated with chimney salts that attract moisture, Taking it off is easy big - getting lime plasterers to start and finish a job, not so easy. Tempted to learn to do the base coats myself as that way save money and time.

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Back from hospital all going well according to doctor . One lot of stitches out , last lot next week then I can have a shower !!!!yippee. Not been able to do much today too hot will walk round garden with doggies later x

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Well done Connie, you must feel a lot better for that!

Reactions: 2 people

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was so looking forward to a shower but will wait another week as told to. Pleased everything is healing well and I have good movement in my new joint so quite positive now . My next challenge is driving the car again so I get my independence back but I think another couple of weeks before that happens x

Reactions: 3 people

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
Sounds like all's going as it should Connie and you're recovering well [thumbs up smiley]

@Pipp hope you're feeling better soon :)

Did 30 mins walk along the seafront before I went to work as I was meeting a friend in my lunch hour, then walked home after work...helluva steep hill if I was doing it the other way round, don't mind coming down it...:hilarious:

Reactions: 5 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sneaked in 25 minutes on bike before bed.feel better for it. Never thought I'd actually say that about any exercise.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
For the first time in ages life honestly got in the way today. I did walk a little bit but not 40mins.
I ll make up for it tomorrow .

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Exactly

Attachments

• 1409179540503.jpg
    1409179540503.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 152
Reactions: 6 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have a cold. Scabby cold-sore too. No swimming pool. :(

Had to make do with supermarket stomp. Trolley is good substitute for walking frame, so managed 35 mins. 15 of those was quite fast. I like the level floor and wide isles. Will finish the day with some stretching exercise and adapt the physio programme to include hand weights. Will do at least 15 mins, even though I don't like it.

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been at home alone today whilst my other half went to the office for a while. I have tried to do my exercises for my hip which I managed to do about 3 times throughout the day but we are in the throws of a heat wave here and it is so hot I can't wait for October when the weather cools down .

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been at home alone today whilst my other half went to the office for a while. I have tried to do my exercises for my hip which I managed to do about 3 times throughout the day but we are in the throws of a heat wave here and it is so hot I can't wait for October when the weather cools down .

Well done @connie104. You are making a good recovery.

I like the avatar too.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Had a nicer day today.
Booked flights to go to Portugal on Sunday to my sisters apartment this Sunday to Wednesday, thankyou husband again.

Went for a sand blasted walk along Troon beach for 50 minutes. I love watching the sea , , especially when it is windy and powerful.

@ Connie you are doing great.

Reactions: 5 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Hey zand 15 mins is more than you would have done in April x

Look what I saw on Troon beach , a massive jelly fish.

Attachments

• 1409257258124.jpg
    1409257258124.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 152

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
It was massive. I always feel sorry for them stuck on the beach like that.