Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 for me too this morning - and another day of not going beyond 5.9 all day yesterday ; )

Reactions: 4 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
well done what did you eat to keep it that low?

Reactions: 2 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.4 :banghead:

5.3 before (latish) dinner, 6.5 at +2 which was quite close to bedtime. Tired.

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Kept between 5-6 all day yesterday before and after meals. 6.6 at bedtime.

8.3 this morning. Taxi for Diana .........:(

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning!! Which.may actually be 4.7 as still on dodgy strips. No idea why as had night from hell with panic.

Reactions: 7 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 at bedtime, which was a relief after a spike of 4mmol/l up to 9.3 :eek: just 2 hours previously (tried short crust pastry again. won't do it again)

5.9 this morning.

Reactions: 6 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 (unadjusted) for me this morning, a couple of hours later than my usual testing time. I slept later this morning, having had a disturbed night on Tuesday>Wednesday because of my overnight testing. I'm quite disciplined with my getting up times, so that I don't end up being a night owl, which isn't my preferred way of living. But sometimes it makes sense to make up a deficit.

My 24 hour testing was interesting, and did, on this occasion demonstrate what I had felt, that I do low in the early morning, then am rising to my rising test levels. Before I consider how I might improve that dip (and the headache I feel it gives me), I would need to replicate at least part of the testing to ensure the lows weren't unusual. When I re-run the test, I will only do a bedtime, something like midnight or 1am, then something like 03, 04 and 05:00s. It'll still be a disturbed night though, but it didn't appear to impact on my daytime scores yesterday. I'll also repeat my home HbA1c test at the end of next week, which will be almost exactly a month after the last one. Just to see how that's looking. And, as I bought 10 tests that need to be used within a year, it makes sense to just plot them through.

This morning the postie has just called, delivering my new supply of strips. Goodbye batch S0313438. I couldn't face plodding through another 3 boxes, so elected to just move forward, with a new supply.

Onward, and onward, I hope.

Have a good day playmates. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Kept between 5-6 all day yesterday before and after meals. 6.6 at bedtime.

8.3 this morning. Taxi for Diana .........:(

What's that screeching noise I hear from afar?

Let it all out! Well, you know what I mean.

Not long now until September.

(When is your next HbA1c due?)

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
5.2 this morning!! Which.may actually be 4.7 as still on dodgy strips. No idea why as had night from hell with panic.

Has anyone bought any new SD strips lately? Has the batch number changed? I'd be tempted to buy some more but I don't want to end up with more of the same.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone bought any new SD strips lately? Has the batch number changed? I'd be tempted to buy some more but I don't want to end up with more of the same.

I've had a delivery this morning and immediately checked that very thing. The new lot number is: S03144056, with an expire date of 03/2016.

As promised, I wrote to Home Health, following my telephone conversation with them, but I haven't had a response to that. In my email, I offered to return a part used pot, with my complements, for them to test. I elected not to spend £6.99 (or whatever) on control solution, as my rough calculations suggest the strips, although reading high, for me, would be within the regulatory tolerances. I elected to put that £6.99 towards replacement strips.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@AndBreathe I'm sure we'd all be interested to hear if there is a step-change in the readings. No doubt you will be doing some batch vs batch comparisons now?

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought some and they arrived at my daughter's while I was away. Batch number s0313440.
Expiry date: December 2015

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

dale1958

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
13.2 this morning did eat later than usual last night, not used to spikes over last few days down every time so I re tested using the same blood and it was 13.8? gave up after that as obviously something is wrong

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
13.2 this morning did eat later than usual last night, not used to spikes over last few days down every time so I re tested using the same blood and it was 13.8? gave up after that as obviously something is wrong

What were you after you meal last night and also before you went to bed?

Status
Not open for further replies.