Strange!

atalbot98

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Diet only
Okay i was doing my blood glucose every 15 mins to see what was going on i dont have diabetes

After eating a healthy balanced meal i was at:

15 mins 8.9
30 mins 7.2
45 mins 5.7
60 mins 6.1
75 mins 4.4
90 mins 4.8

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
So whats the problem, those numbers are what a non diabetic should have, if only mine were that good.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
agreed, you don't have diabetes, if it had a decent amount of carbs and the 8.9 at 15m indicates it did
a second test can be a OGTT with one third of a cup or 75-100g of sugar on an empty stomach, but from those numbers you are wasting strips

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THOSE NUMBERS , your numbers are fine for a non diabetic, just be grateful you are not diabetic, why are you testing yourself is someone in your family diabetic,

atalbot98

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Diet only
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THOSE NUMBERS , your numbers are fine for a non diabetic, just be grateful you are not diabetic, why are you testing yourself is someone in your family diabetic,
No i was just not feeling too good got a kit and then started testing and i feel strange when im at a 4.4 :) but thanks for the reassurance :)

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
think of your bg like a rock on elastic, your bodies mechanisms to balance BG and everything out goes up and down like the bouncing rock or like waves
you also have a +/- 20% error rate on home meters and strips, so the 4.4 could have been 4.8, but even if the numbers are 100% right, the swing if fine and natural
60 mins 6.1
75 mins 4.4
90 mins 4.8

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Your welcome, as long as your numbers stay within 4 to 10, as even a non diabetic can go as high as 10, others will possibly disagree at the 10, you will be fine, your feeling rough could be the start of a cold, if you are really worried I suggest you go and see your GP and have a check up. They will be able to allay your fears.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
always remember blood glucose meters are not 100% accurate so going down to 4.4 may have not been completely accurate.......

but its perfectly acceptable to go lower after a meal than your pre meal result........

your numbers are normal.....;)