Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
after meal last about 1.5 hours 14.7 did not do another one as went to bed

Well, that is why you woke up on 13.2! This has little to do with eating later than usual, and more to do with high levels the day before that your pancreas hasn't been able to cope with. I think you need to scrutinise your diet. Testing is one thing, but not acting on what you see is wasting strips. Running at these levels is not a good idea. Sorry to sound harsh.

Reactions: 4 people

dale1958

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
Thanks for that My Carb levels were spot on 25% however my sugar intake was up to 56g, butter brioche I will be more careful in future

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Butter brioche

Can you see where you went wrong?

Ingredients
Wheat Flour, Pasteurised Free Range Egg, Sugar, Concentrated Butter (5%), Rapeseed Oil, Invert Sugar Syrup, Yeast, Milk, Emulsifiers Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids, Sodium Stearoyl-2-Lactylate and Soya Lecithin, Salt, Fermented Wheat Flour, Flavourings, Flour Treatment Agent Ascorbic Acid

Nutritional Data
Typical Values per 100g
Energy
377kcal
Protein 8.8g
Carbohydrate 55.3g
of which sugars 11.4g
Fat 12.9g
of which saturates 5.7g
Fibre 2.0g
Sodium 0.35g

dale1958

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
yes I am Hoping you can advise that it was the sugar content and not the carbs because I hit my target of 25% yesterday?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The total carbs in 100g is 55.3g. I don't know how much of the brioche you ate but you should be looking for foods with total carbs of less than 10g per 100g. That brioche was more than 50% carbohydrate. It contains wheat flour, added sugar, syrup, and milk, all of which push up BS levels. More starchy than spuds! Rather than aim for a percentage carb intake, why not try counting the number of grams you eat, which will give you a much better idea.

dale1958

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
The total carbs in 100g is 55.3g. I don't know how much of the brioche you ate but you should be looking for foods with total carbs of less than 10g per 100g. That brioche was more than 50% carbohydrate. It contains wheat flour, added sugar, syrup, and milk, all of which push up BS levels. More starchy than spuds! Rather than aim for a percentage carb intake, why not try counting the number of grams you eat, which will give you a much better idea.
ok thankyou

Reactions: 4 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@AndBreathe I'm sure we'd all be interested to hear if there is a step-change in the readings. No doubt you will be doing some batch vs batch comparisons now?

I've just done a comparative post-prandial test, which suggests the new strips are "back in the groove". I'll repeat the comparison on rising tomorrow, but hopefully, my grumpy phase may be coming to a conclusion.

Reactions: 3 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
well done what did you eat to keep it that low?
Hi patsy! I had bacon and scrambled egg for breakfast, ham,cheese and Apple for lunch at work, salmon salad,sugar free jelly with a few raspberries in and cream for dinner. I have been aiming for Max of 50gm carbs a day, sometimes don't even reach 30gm though- very rarely feel hungry on lchf!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've another two pots left plus pot that had come with spare meter so am holding off to get new batch. Glad that new lot seem better.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't knock it. Sometimes we just have to roll with the punches. ;):blackeye:

I'm wondering if it was the Valium I reluctantly took at 3 am. I can't tolerate betablockers so have a very precious limited supply of diazepam which I try not to take but last night was rough. Have felt anxious all day which is the norm after a really bad night. My therapist keeps asking me how I feel about diabetes and I have to say it is far less hampering at the minute than my mental health.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've another two pots left plus pot that had come with spare meter so am holding off to get new batch. Glad that new lot seem better.

I must admit I didn't finish the offending strips. I felt, for me, the cost/benefit of the continual frustration/irritation, even if irrational, just didn't add up.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I must admit I didn't finish the offending strips. I felt, for me, the cost/benefit of the continual frustration/irritation, even if irrational, just didn't add up.

I think because I am still getting lower readings I've put up with them and just mentally adjusted figures and ignored the odd ridiculous outlier. The next batch may read low, or high or be spot on.. Just luck of draw within the tolerances.

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What's that screeching noise I hear from afar?

Let it all out! Well, you know what I mean.

Not long now until September.

(When is your next HbA1c due?)

Thank you :)

Being severely tested just now. Apparently settlement is now delayed:mad: Waiting for an update today, but was informed late yesterday pm that it won't be 1st Sept as agreed

I'm sure its no coincidence that I went to bed on 7.7 and woke this morning at 8.2.

Next HbA1c is October.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Being severely tested just now. Apparently settlement is now delayed:mad: Waiting for an update today, but was informed late yesterday pm that it won't be 1st Sept as agreed

I'm sure its no coincidence that I went to bed on 7.7 and woke this morning at 8.2.

Awww, sorry to hear that Diana <hug>

6.0 this morning, some signs of light at the end of the tunnel* but will still have to work through the weekend.

*This has happened before, only to find that the light is one of my bosses with a torch carrying more work :arghh:

Reactions: 5 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you :)

Next HbA1c is October.

Oh dear. You must be devastated, and I'm sure it would break your Mum's heart to see what appears to have transpired since she passed away. It's bad enough when someone dies, without any shenanigans.

If you have a little while of this to go, perhaps give yourself a break just from the fasting tests? Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much you can do to influence those readings, at the moment. Concentrate on the impending happy event and go with the flow, and revisit after a few weeks?

On an aside, how do you manage the frustration? Well, aside from your now legendary tantrums? ;)

(OK, so the tantrums are in my head........)

Status
Not open for further replies.