Ft4

C1a1r319

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ketoacidosis
I'm not completely sure what I'm talking about. I have been worried about my thyroid for a while because I get tired all the time and I can't lose weight. I'm hoping this is just me not trying hard enough and maybe just exercising a bit more will increase energy.
My results were
May-
Ft4: 9.0
TSH:1.2
August-
Ft4: 8.3
TSH: 2.0

Are these ok?
I'm hoping everyone will say yes because I will not get help for this from my doctor unless they are well below their range.

K

Kat100

Maybe your medication needs looking at ...
I cant comment on your test results ....
I have an under active thyroid ...and yes exercise is great and really does help,with weight loss. Hard to,get going some days though ...
I take 50 mic of thyroxine .....and the tiredness is a bit of a battle ....
You have to fight it all the time I find , and a bit of a headache if you are on other medication as well for other health issues...
Have a gp chat ....see what can be done to assist you ....hope you get the answers you need ....best wishes Kat ....

Reactions: 2 people

C1a1r319

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ketoacidosis
Maybe your medication needs looking at ...
I cant comment on your test results ....
I have an under active thyroid ...and yes exercise is great and really does help,with weight loss. Hard to,get going some days though ...
I take 50 mic of thyroxine .....and the tiredness is a bit of a battle ....
You have to fight it all the time I find , and a bit of a headache if you are on other medication as well for other health issues...
Have a gp chat ....see what can be done to assist you ....hope you get the answers you need ....best wishes Kat ....
I have never been diagnosed with thyroid problems, but I thought I would get it checked to see whether it is to blame for the, now, chronic tiredness. I did have a word with him and he said it was fine but the ranges with my surgery seem extremely low. Not that I want thyroid problems, but I would like an answer to my tiredness. You know when you don't feel so stupid for going to see doctors for what seems nothing when there is an answer.

Reactions: 2 people

Adele99

I don't know the first thing about thyroid levels but wondered if been checked for anaemia, sodium and vitamin D levels. All of these can also cause fatigue and tiredness. I'd never considered low blood sodium as being a problem as normally were told we all eat too much salt.

When. I was last in hospital there was a woman brought in who felt so weak she literally couldn't stand up, and it was simply low blood sodium levels which were the problem. Given a drip infusion of sodium and she was able to leave the next day. Fluctuating blood sugar levels can wreak havoc with your electrolyte balances..

Hope you get some help and feel better soon

Reactions: 4 people
K

Kat100

Wish it was easy to pick up on all the health problems that we have that need a bit of tweaking so we feel a lot healthier rather than struggling ...