Meeting similar minds

Beth_Robinson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Beth, aged 16, I'm looking to meet some new people who understand diabetes rather than the ignorant sods at my school, been a diabetic since I was 3, on a pump for 2 years, and I like cats and Quentin Tarantino! Basically looking to make new friends, please message!

Reactions: 2 people

Kayla

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hiya Beth my names Kayla, I'm 23 and have been type 2 for about 4 years.
I know it can be hard sometimes as people who don't have diabetes or know anyone who has can be so ignorant and rude towards it, I come across it a lot even with older people.
But anyway I'd like to be your friend and maybe we can chat with each other about our diabetes and the fun things in life of course! :) x

cure_diabetes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I don't like brussel sprouts or people who make me feel weird for having Diabetes. For example when they say: "Eww, how do you do that its horrible"
Heya I'm Sarah, I'm 13 but I've had Diabetes for almost 3 years too :) I would love to talk sometimes and by the way I like cats to but my mum is allergic! Hehe x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Elz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Im 15 almost 16, ive had type one since i was 12 :)

jay davies

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I have had type 1 when I was 8 and now 17 I use normal ejections they said I can't use the pump because I play rugby and I do boxing also I am a chef witch is brilliant for my diabetes keep an eye on my health but I just want to meet more people with type 1 diabetes and get to know you all :)

teen-girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm 17 and was diagnosed at 14, I've been on the pump for three months now. I know precisely what you mean about people at school being ignorant, been in that boat!!

Zara:)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya Beth:) I'm zara I've been diabetic since I was 2 and I was on the pump for 3 years but had to come off for a short Time due to a problem but I'd love to get to know someone similar to myself:)

Lay ;3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi :3 i'm 16 years old, T1 since i was 11. My school friends help me deal with diabetes stuff and nobody realy bother me, I have TEN CATS ;3 I'd like to meet more people who knows what is like to have diabetes, so i would love to chat *-*

prickles1998

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi . Im Nicole :) ive been diagnosed since I was 13 now coming 16 next week.. on a pump since feb..really dont like diabetes whatsoever .. yeah I get what ur saying about all the people im school ..."so you're diabetic cause u eat too much sugar " that awkward moment.. especially when ur chubby like me. I find my friend helps me..she finds funny diabetic memes on google images and sends them to me :/ prob not a guud Idea but it helps me .

bethlou11

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Beth, aged 16, I'm looking to meet some new people who understand diabetes rather than the ignorant sods at my school, been a diabetic since I was 3, on a pump for 2 years, and I like cats and Quentin Tarantino! Basically looking to make new friends, please message!
Hey my name is Beth I am 17 diabetic since I was 9 and really just looking for someone who feels how I feel!

Foxx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey! I'm Foxx, I'm seventeen and been diabetic for almost fifteen years now, been on the pump for almost eight years.
I have a cat called Tilly (because that was the most unique name I could think of in a second...), and I am easy to talk to about anything :'p