Diabetic Supper Club

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
I welcome your advice, ideas and suggestions for the success of a minthly supper club for diabetics and their/our friends and family.
I am in the process of setting up a diabetes group in my area. I want to set up a supper club to start each session offering a 2 course supper with guidance for people on portion control, low carb options, meal planning, changing eating habits and cooking recipes for the whole family.

What should we offer?
How will it work for type 1's?
The really fun bit...... what shall we call it?
The ....... Cafe?

Thanks for putting your thoughts to the task
Miriam

Eating and exercising my way from manic to moderate Miriam.... and a steady blood glucose.

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
.....Wow I think its a great idea too....I work full time and am longing to retire but haven't because I need something to do, would hate to be a couch potato, so easily done....your idea has given me ideas! I'm passionate about what we diabetics can do to improve our health ...

Re names for your new place....

Sweet Times Behind Cafe....?

One Sugar or None Cafe....?

We're Sweet Enough Cafe....?

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
The Diabetes Supper Club has started. We will be chomping oue way through a range of tasty snacks, nibbles and treats and washing them down with ice creams and other tasty desserts and refreshments. All diabetic friendly low carb and portion controlled. Recipe, budget and nutritional information cards will be available. Then we'll chat about our struggles and success stories about changing our behaviour habits and lifestyle. Lots if enthusiastic support from the professionals and local shops and churches. I'm charging £5 for 2 courses. It's for anyone I the area who has D, cares for or lives with a D or wants to reduce risks how developing D. I've set up a Facebook page. I'll update you all on how it goes on Monday 8th September.