Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh dear. You must be devastated, and I'm sure it would break your Mum's heart to see what appears to have transpired since she passed away. It's bad enough when someone dies, without any shenanigans.

If you have a little while of this to go, perhaps give yourself a break just from the fasting tests? Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much you can do to influence those readings, at the moment. Concentrate on the impending happy event and go with the flow, and revisit after a few weeks?

On an aside, how do you manage the frustration? Well, aside from your now legendary tantrums? ;)

(OK, so the tantrums are in my head........)

Thank you. Yes, its very sad and frustrating. I can't speak for my siblings, but I don't think I have actually grieved yet as I was thrown into this mess which I'm still trying to find a way out of. The settlement was a proposal I put forward 2 years ago, was rejected, and has now been picked up again with new conditions imposed by the other side Its all about power and point scoring in my opinion.

How do I manage the frustration? I don't really. I'm not a cushion thumper or door slammer. I tend to ignore it, throw myself into my own family and work stuff, both of which are highly rewarding, and indulge in rather a lot of talk therapy with my wonderful friends over endless coffees and lazy lunches :) I'm driven by the desire to do the right thing by my mother, and respect her memory but it may be time to give up, in the knowledge that I've can't do any more

A break from fasting tests is a good idea, thank you. I've just tested again before breakfast, (before reading your suggestion!) and its dropped to 7.4 without food and only a glass of hot water with lemon!

Have a good day everyone and thanks for the lovely support and encouragement

Reactions: 6 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 at bedtime
5.7 this morning

This will be my last report for a whole week as we are off away later today. We have rented a converted cider mill in the wilds of Shropshire. I doubt there will be much in the way of internet connection, certainly not at the cottage as I believe there are no phone signals. The weather forecast is looking good so hopefully plenty of walks and exploring the area. :)

Take care everybody, and see you in a week!

Reactions: 7 people

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
7.8...stupid but delicious indian meal last night lol

gaz tred

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.8 this morning. Just been for HBA1C today and have my second DN appointment on 12th September to get the results
Took the attached health assessment with me that I had done through my OHN at work.

Attachments

• gaz tests.pdf
    843.2 KB · Views: 380
Reactions: 4 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
This will be my last report for a whole week as we are off away later today. We have rented a converted cider mill in the wilds of Shropshire. I doubt there will be much in the way of internet connection, certainly not at the cottage as I believe there are no phone signals. The weather forecast is looking good so hopefully plenty of walks and exploring the area. :)

Have a great time Bluetit. Lovely part of the world - I lived in Shrewsbury for 15 years. Longmynd, Stiperstones, Wenlock Edge, the list is endless!

We're off next week for two weeks in Northumberland but there will be full wi-fi there.

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
That's only half a confession!! What did you have to "inspire" the 7.8?
Lol

Well since you twisted my arm up my back and threatened me with my life...

Pre-starter....talked into a popadom
Starter...sheek kebab...very nice
Main...chicken korma with...dare i say it? Flipping pilau rice. Oh and it didn't stop there...quarter of a naan. I know i know!

On the bright side...i was positively saintly with the drinks...diet coke and sparkling water.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 for me this morning. @sanguine , I re-ran the the comparison, and I'm content the new batch of strips are more aligned to our more usual experience.

Nothing much to report today, as I've just got to get my head into some admin and get some research under my belt for a potential project I might pick up.

Have a great day everyone. It's almost the weekend, again!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 at bedtime
5.7 this morning

Enjoy !

Reactions: 2 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 at bedtime
5.7 this morning

Have a wonderful, well earned break. You'll be missed!

dale1958

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
6.2 at bedtime
5.7 this morning

have a good break getting away from the internet for a week is sometimes a good thing takng us back to life before technology

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have a great time Bluetit. Lovely part of the world - I lived in Shrewsbury for 15 years. Longmynd, Stiperstones, Wenlock Edge, the list is endless!

We're off next week for two weeks in Northumberland but there will be full wi-fi there.

Northumberland is my favourite county (after Lancashire). Enjoy!

Thank you everyone for your holiday wishes. Car not loaded yet, and because of doubtful weather at night (cold) the 3 tortoises are coming with us! I daren't leave them outside for a week because if it is wet or cold they don't eat and need to be in their indoor enclosure with the UV and infra red lights on, which we daren't leave on for a whole week.. Their suitcase is packed. The dog is well aware we are going away. She can't contain her excitement. Her suitcase is also packed.

Waves to you all ......

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have a lovely time. Feel in need of an extended holiday break but no go as Mr E blew this year's budget on Kate Bush tickets and I've spent next year's on Benedict Cumberbatch as Hamlet tickets.

6.2 ( or 5.7) this morning. I suspect the very large gammon steak for dinner was involved.

@dianagrace sorry to hear that things aren't resolving as quickly as expected/hoped. Families and wills are a nightmare- I am glad I am an only child.

Reactions: 5 people

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty to animals.Bullies,Soaps.
6.1 pre breakfast and only 7.0 now.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Northumberland is my favourite county (after Lancashire). Enjoy!

Thank you everyone for your holiday wishes. Car not loaded yet, and because of doubtful weather at night (cold) the 3 tortoises are coming with us! I daren't leave them outside for a week because if it is wet or cold they don't eat and need to be in their indoor enclosure with the UV and infra red lights on, which we daren't leave on for a whole week.. Their suitcase is packed. The dog is well aware we are going away. She can't contain her excitement. Her suitcase is also packed.

Waves to you all ......
Have a lovely time Bluetit!

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I skipped supper last night too as I was too shattered after a long day of travelling to eat when I got home I think our liver works overtime when we haven't eaten, making our bs higher on fasting. Just imagine what yours might have been had you eaten - especially if you could make yourself eat the things you don't like! Its amazing how our taste buds change and adapt if we persevere.

I've never enjoyed spinach but a large portion most days is now a staple part of my diet. I don't even bother to cook it, just wilt it by pouring plenty of boiling water over it in a colander. I use it as a bed to serve any meat or fish dish and soaks up all the lovely sauces. I used to use it when making cottage or fish pies as a layer between the meat and potato. Now need to adapt those dishes to low carb ones but will keep the spinach layer.

Haven't quite got around to eating it for breakfast, but am starting to feel peckish at the thought of it later in the day :)

Have you looked at the recipe forum here for ideas?

Try this for spinach breakfast Diana .:)...I lined a ceramic oven dish with cooked bacon ...then mixed 4 eggs ,loads of freshly washed spinach scrunched up by hand ,large pinch of mixed herbs and nutmeg ,200 grms creme fraiche and a little grated italian hard cheese all mixed together and then poured on bacon .....oven on 180 till firm and browned .Yummy yummmy low carb breakfast !! Good cold later with salad .:)

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
6.2 at bedtime
5.7 this morning

Have a great break :)

Bg after over 32 hours of nothing but water 9.1.(had op yesterday and had nil by mouth but water and vile bowel prep stuff) )

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.3 this morning, one more full day in our little paradise in Spain, then long drive to Santander tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.