I phone carb app

Tylers73

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been diagnosed with type one and have been trying to find a good app for carb counting but all seem confusing does anyone have any advise on a good one pls.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Myfitnesspal

Reactions: 2 people

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Personally I have been trying mySugr for the last few months and found it really helpful. The initial app is free but I paid for the upgrade - it keeps all your insulin doses and carbs logged, you can add how you are feeling, and I love the search function so I can look for meals I've had before and see what happened last time.

A lot of people use the Diabetes UK one too which is free.

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
MyFitnessPal is good. You can use your phones camera to scan barcodes and it will bring up the product with all of the figures. You have to be careful though as it can sometimes bring up the wrong product and occasionally the values can be a bit out.
Carbs and Cals is also good but you do have to pay around £4 for it.
MySugr is good for recording your BS and insulin doses etc as mentioned above. You can do challenges as well to win pro days and get access to the upgrade.
I used to use the Diabetes UK one when I was first diagnosed and it is also good. I still have it on my phone and may use it again at some point.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
+1 for myfitnesspal

this is a big part of my day to day diabetes now to be honest........

as previously mentioned, scanning bar codes can sometimes bring up the wrong details, but if you can take the time to work out the carbs of your item, either by the information on the packet or a quick Google, you can add it to the myfitnesspal database so you and other can use it again down the line....

I have recently added in some slimming world recipes......

you ca also search for the product manually by typing the name of it in the search box, you can also adjust the serving size and number of servings.......so for example there could be a 100g serving and a 1g serving, if you work it out to be 67g, you simply select the 1g serving and choose 67 servings.....

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I don't use app for carbs, but more to ensure I get enough fat!!!!