Hello everyone from the states!

EPhantom

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Hello I'm Joe, I was never diagnosed with diabetes, but was given steroids recently that messed with my blood sugar and was told I had "steroid induced diabetes"/non-diabetic hyperglycemia"... now don't really know what's normal for me. My BG has been going down, it's gotten to where my fasting is 80, and I usually get under 110 after 3 hour. But with certain kinds of meals I seem to have a hyper/hypo reactive response, it's happened before the steroids a few times, not many. Usually only after I did something like drink soda and ate some candy at the theater... I could do it time and time again and one time out of like, 50 I'll have a little episode.

Now I can shoot up to 190ish, and sink down to the 60's. So far sinking that low has only happened with one meal, small bowl of cereal... not doing that again. I've been off the steroids for a week now, no idea how long it's going to take for all the insulin resistance it caused to clear up, or if it will... but I know it's still affecting me. I'm going to assume that I'm at least "pre-diabetic" and that there is a way to fix it.
Gotta have hope and gotta prepare and act on what could be the worst.

- What is your name? Joe
- How old are you? 24
- Are you male or female? Male
- Which country are you from? The United States
- Which city/area do you live in? Uh... Lets go as far down as Michigan
- Are you religious? No
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Entangled tree branches
- Do you have any pets? Not really... they're more roomates cause I don't own them.
- Microsoft or Apple? Microsoft
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Was never into sports
- Do you get angry easily?Nope
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? None
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Don't really have a favorite, I keep changing what I listen to
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Always changes
- What is your favourite flag? None
- Ever gone camping? When I was little
- Ever been in love? I don't think so
- Ever used fake tan? No
- Which countries have you visited? None
- Favourite city? Probably Dubai
- List your five favourite TV programmes. N/a
- List your five favourite films. I usually forget half the movie when the credits hit... doesn't work like that for me sadly.
- Are you wealthy? Not in the least
- Do you work? If so, as what? Haven't been healthy enough to in a while
- List the subjects you study/have studied. Electrical engineering
- What do you like most about yourself? I seem to have an easier time understanding how things work than most.
- What do you like least about yourself? The way my memory works

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome Joe. It's night time here so I suppose you will get a better response when people wake up.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Joe ! Welcome to the forum.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome. Yes, steroid induced diabetes is a big problem. Hopefully now you are off the steroids and with a low-carb diet the insulin resistance will fade and the blood sugar should go down. I don't know how long it will take; probably a few weeks?

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.

EPhantom

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Insurance companys distrubuter just sent me a new meter, more test strips, lances, a lancing device (was just shoving the needles into my finger before) and alcohol pads. This should help with measurements and figuring out whats going on, glad I don't have to pay for them anymore. Will do more mesaurements after certain meals to see my BG curve better.

And yeah... my mind tends to try to connect everything together. I'll be thinking about one thing and see a little connection to another thing and jump there for a little bit for some investigation then jump back.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello and welcome to the forum, I hope you find us helpful and supportive. Best Wishes.

milly_moo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome. I love Michigan - definitely one of my favourite states.