Anyone got hold of the Roche Insight yet?

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had a message today from one of the DSNs at Addenbrookes. Apparently Cellnovo are having "supply dificulties" and there's no guarantee of a pump for me and about ten others in October.

One of the other alternatives is the Roche Combo at the moment, and then Insight, but I can't find any info on when the Insight will actually be released.

Anyone got hold of one/used one?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Got told by my DSN insight will be early next year, but all patients can carry on using our old Roche pumps. They also checked that we weren't on a shutdown time for our pumps.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

pyney

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, I'm starting on the Insight tomorrow as part of a usability study.

It will be released in the UK some time in the next 6 months.

I got my hands on one for the first time on Friday and it is a big step forward from the Combo. Well worth waiting for.

pyney

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Also, if you want more info on the Insight you can go to www.accu-chek.at

This site is in German but has the full details of the Insight. If you use google's chrome browser it translates it into English really well.

Hope this is of use.

pyney

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not fully, no. Splash resistant is the official rating.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
what's the IP rating? if It's IPX8 it's pretty much waterproof.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Won't come under guarantee though if damaged from water no matter what the rating...

iHs

Looking at the website.....the standard Luer connection is not being used on the infusion set tubes. Instead a black click on tab. Also, it looks as though the Flexlink Plus which was recalled 4yrs ago is going to be used again with the inserter device..

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I reported a while back that I was running down my supplies as I had been informed by accuchek that the tubing and cannulas were new and not compatible with their current pumps.

I running on minimum resources now to ensure that I do not waste nhs money.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
From accuchek today when I asked them to confirm if doing 100cm tubes and the equivalent of rapid d's and 4mm sets.

As usual the Company are fantastic with their responses...

"To answer your questions on the new Insight range of consumables, I can confirm that although they have been redesigned they will be similar to what you use now. i.e. steel cannulas in the same lengths as before and also the transfer sets in the same lengths.

I'm afraid we won't be doing a 4mm cannula though.

Finally with regards to the Insight pump availiabilty the clinical trials are almost at an end now so we're just finalising everything ready for the launch which we hope will be within the next couple of months."

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Won't come under guarantee though if damaged from water no matter what the rating...
IPX8, by definition means that it is suitable for indefinite immersion. It's an equipment classification used for the decks of ships exposed to the open sea.

If anyone gives you an IPX8 rated device and then tell you it's not insured against water damage...

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
If the warranty excludes water damage then it's excluded..

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@ElyDave if you need a pump that is waterproof and warranted waterproof, get an Animas Vibe. But don't go diving under an oil rig with it. :)

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@ElyDave if you need a pump that is waterproof and warranted waterproof, get an Animas Vibe. But don't go diving under an oil rig with it. :)
I'm starting on the CellNovo in 39 days, not that I'm counting.

And yes, that one is IPX8

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If the warranty excludes water damage then it's excluded..

see the link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_Code

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/ip-ingress-protection-d_452.html

Logically, if they've tested and defined it as IPX7 or 8, then trying to exlcude this from the warranty may contravene various things to do with sale of goods, fair contracts etc. I'd like to see the test case where they throw out a case of water damage from someone sweating on it or getting wet in a thunderstorm.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
It still excludes anybody from making a claim from wearing in a shower and it going wrong!! End of!!

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
In some ways your both correct, its only a guess (on my part) but I'd expect its because the operation of the pump needs user input - to change tubing and battery covers. If these are not done effectively then the pump would not be water proof, also if the pump has had any mechanical damage after being dropped. For some reason Animas do not worry about this but Roche do, therefore although rated as waterproof Roche exclude water damage from their warranty.