diabetic nurse

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Did you get your results?

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
no as the receptionist said they don,t give information over the phone, so i asked about me popping in for them and got told yes if i showed my passport, alas i don,t have one

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
no as the receptionist said they don,t give information over the phone, so i asked about me popping in for them and got told yes if i showed my passport, alas i don,t have one

I would probably go in and explain that as you didn't need to show your passport when they took the blood, there shouldn't really need to be any problem giving the results out now.

Reactions: 8 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I would probably go in and explain that as you didn't need to show your passport when they took the blood, there shouldn't really need to be any problem giving the results out now.

Nobody in our practice has to show any id after their initial registration.

I would suggest you take the time out on Monday to pop along. If receptionist refuses without I'd the ask to see practice manager.

Any practice can phone you with your results... Without asking for any password etc... This is absolutely pathetic.

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
You do not have to provide your passport when seeing GP or getting bloods done etc.. You are entitled by giving your name and address verbally to get your results printed.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Nobody in our practice has to show any id after their initial registration.

I would suggest you take the time out on Monday to pop along. If receptionist refuses without I'd the ask to see practice manager.

Any practice can phone you with your results... Without asking for any password etc... This is absolutely pathetic.

Ours won't give results over the phone, unless you actually speak to a nurse or doctor. The receptionist can give a printed copy out though.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

How's your home testing going these last few days Ally?

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
they were going ok for awhile but for the past few days they have been high. apart from one night when i had some rice, they shouldn,t have been high
i,m seeing the diabetic nurse on 10th september

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Have you had any single figure bg's?

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Ally1,
Fine, next time they want ato do anything that p*sses you off, demand photo ID from them before allowing them to proceed:rolleyes::rolleyes:

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
they were going ok for awhile but for the past few days they have been high. apart from one night when i had some rice, they shouldn,t have been high
i,m seeing the diabetic nurse on 10th september

Awwww, Ally. You're far too nice to them.

I've just seen your post on the morning thread, with a 16.1. How are you feeling at those levels? I'm sure you know that's too high, and I'm not having a go at you. I don't think you're getting the close monitoring I would say you need, and I don't think things are right for you, yet.

In your shoes, I would want to see someone before 10th September. That feels a long time away from now. Your levels are lingering up there too long. Your doctor has signposted the option of being seen early, and I would act upon that; whether or not the nurse is away.

Reactions: 3 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I can't figure out why you haven't taken the opportunity of following through the care plan with your practice?

If you are truly low carbing conistently I also cannot see a reason why your levels are fluctuating .. As you say they are now higher again??

Honestly Ally are you consistently managing to low carb or are you struggling?

Last edited by a moderator:

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
donnellydogs, i,ve only ever had one single reading at 9.7

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
andbreathe, i will ring the surgery on monday morning to get an appointment
i,m feeling ok apart from disturbed sleep and going to the loo alot

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
gonnellydogs, mostly i,m being very good but have struggled a little

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Good that you got one reading lower, below 10.0. That was brilliant considering a couple weks ago hospitalised!!! Blimey, if you had posted you got a 9.7 we would all have been slapping you so hard on your back (virtually) you would have been (virtually) hospitalused again!!!-lol!!

I know I appear a nag and possibly ask tougher questions than others, but I am well capable of saying bloomin well done to have got one reading under 10!!!

When you struggle, is that when readings go higher? Is it a struggle with food or do you struggle with positive feelings in general?

Sorry, i am a tough cookie... But I do tend to ask direct questions... But it is because I genuinely care and would love to see you coming on here saying that you had a day of readings under 10.0 as a starting point.

I urge you to talk to us when you are struggling. We help each other here. More importantly as well, when you smile, the whole world can't help but smile back at you... I think that is very important that you need a smile and well dones and praise... And believe me, we are so wanting to do this with you.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You are doing so well, just don't give up on your self .. Have the confidence to see this through .. It feels great when you realise you have got control over your blood sugars. Try to wright down everything you eat inc times and dates along with your meter readings .. Then you will be able to see what keeps your BS low .. If you are LCHF .. Don't forget the high fat part of this eating plan. It takes a little time for the numbers to drop .. And you have already started to lower your numbers .. Now find the confidence to get them even lower.. I cannot advise on your food as I am a strict vegetarian.. But others here can look at your menu and may be able to give you ideas of where to tweak. :bookworm:

Reactions: 6 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
readings mostly, i did have bread a couple of times but nothing like i used too
take thursday night 13.7, friday morning pre breakfast and no drinks 19.1

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
readings mostly, i did have bread a couple of times but nothing like i used too
take thursday night 13.7, friday morning pre breakfast and no drinks 19.1

See that's what's been happening to me ally .High readings in the morning before anything ! I've been low carbing and this morning got a reading of 13.5 and i saw you got yours down too .Well done .Maybe we can both hit single figures next week :)