Sporty Forty.e t

connie104

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Feel like I'm going off my head ! Feel like a caged animal hate being like this dependent on my other half to take me shopping etc . I know it's early days and I have been a bit naughty not using my crutches as much as I should so today have persevered with them and the pain is a bit better .

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Feel like I'm going off my head ! Feel like a caged animal hate being like this dependent on my other half to take me shopping etc . I know it's early days and I have been a bit naughty not using my crutches as much as I should so today have persevered with them and the pain is a bit better .
Yes it's horrid being dependent on someone else. I had to get hubby to drive me today because my brain just isn't able to think about driving right now. Well done for persevering with the crutches! May be I should persevere with the ironing. Trouble is I keep burning myself at the moment, so I'm put off it a little

connie104

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Best to leave the ironing whilst you feel like this . It can wait you should see the pile I've got !!
I think we are similar I enjoy my independence being able to shoot off on my own never been in this situation before having to rely wholly on someone else and even though he tries his best , some days !!!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Ive been busy running around getting last minute stuff , euro etc.
Case packed unironed because I can iron it there . Better go and do something else , fancy a sleep alas that will have to wait or I won't sleep tonight.
Hope you are all feeling better soon.

Reactions: 4 people

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Have a good holiday Jamrox and hope both Connie and Zand are feeling better soon .I'm beginning to think my high bg is stealing my brain.got hubby to set up my bike on one of these before not really very sensible with a sore posterior and a bad knee :rolleyes:
images.jpg

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been a slacker today as off out to parents and not back till now. Will do more tomorrow to make up .

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Not exercised at all today due to work, will try and get some in tomorrow.

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi everybody!!!!
So sorry I have been totally absent! I have also been totally rubbish at exercising except for the odd run here and there. My excuse is that I have been working obsessively helping organise the TeamBG mHealth Grand Tour (which has just started). I thought I would just pop my head in quickly to say Hi to you all (it's so great to see you're still keeping up the exercise!). I will no doubt disappear again into the mire of work for the next few weeks, but hopefully by the end of September things will have calmed back down again.
Big hugs to you all - it's so reassuring to know you're all here being generally brilliant! :):):)
Oh, any of you near Birmingham, TeamBG are soon going to be announcing a date in October when we'll be joining in the 5k Parkrun there - if anyone fancies meeting up for a leisurely jog and a chat.:D Bex

Reactions: 6 people

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
Hi Bebo good to see you, good luck with organising the health tour!!

Seafront walk yesterday and a 50 minute one this morning but going the other way! Then my daughter, son and son in law turned up for lunch and said lets go for a walk along the front so off I went again, nearly an hour!

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Welcome back Bebo . Don't forget to take even 10 minutes to look after your own health and not just spend all your time on team GB health lol.

@Pipp I know you aren't there at the moment but I actually did swim yesterday in a lovely sunny pool. Will go for walk this morning then swim this afternoon ;)

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
Just off to work Jamrox but saw your post and had to say well done!! :D

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Had a lovely walk along the rocky coast in the sun.
Had half a brown nutty bread bum and tuna mayo ..fingers crossed I don't spike

connie104

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Out early this morning to catch the bank before it got too busy . Then walked on to our favorite cafe for a coffee. Now waiting for dog groomer to give Freddie ( dog on my avatar) his first haircut in 8 years ! Will walk dogs later when cooler. Pain in hip definitely better when I use my crutch so now spend more time looking for it than my glasses !

Reactions: 8 people

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Walking would be a dream today .Can't even stand ...knee giving me hell and in constant pain and since this morning the hip on that side is causing me agony .Totally miserable today .Trying Naproxen and Feldine gel but the pain is just overiding both .I want to garden ! :bigtears:

Reactions: 3 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
30 minutes on bike and some stretching exercises. Starting with sore throat so not sure if I'll be peddling tomorrow or lying feeling sorry for myself.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
First exercise today for several days - 30 minute walk - due to workload, having to get up at 5 every morning to finish stuff before holiday. Let's hope I can stay awake for some of that.

Reactions: 9 people

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
...walk around the town yesterday for 45 minutes, lots of arty stuff and events as its the Folkestone Triennial for the next few weeks....saw a virtual fish and chip shop, didn't spike me at all....;)

Reactions: 7 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Walk from Ferragudo to Portamoa , just about an hour. Going to attempt swimming again today, I think if I relax a bit it should be easier..