Must read for weightloss great article I've used

AlexMBrennan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
-Don’t be lazy. Even small things matter.Walking the dog or climbing the stairs will also add up to the whole fat burning process.
... You just said that cardio is pointless unless I do at least 45min of sustained exercise...

Rick.D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
If you do cardio do it first thing after waking so your in a depleted state then I would recommend only 20mins and have a cup of green tea before you start so your body benefits from the caffiene and burns fat instead of muscle

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmm. Interesting. It is clearly aimed at lowering carbs.

But I don't think it is really aimed at diabetics (well, it certainly isn't aimed at me!). The morning exercise suggestion, on an empty stomach, would be a disaster (for me!).

My dawn phenomenon liver dump is quite large enough already, without demanding more to fuel cardio. I would crash and burn into a hypo that would taint the whole day. It is very important that I do not do much physical activity before I eat in the mornings. I've learned this from a lot of experience. A protein, low carb brekkie is best (for me!)

Also, since I'm already in ketosis a lot of the time, I would like to think that I don't have much glycogen stored (one of the reasons I crash so easily with abrupt/sustained exercise, I suspect).

So clearly I don't need to exercise!?
Yes, that WAS a joke.