Pioglitazone

C

catherinecherub

Hi,

I haven't heard anyone mention it lately but if you do a search on the forum for Actos quite a few posts come up.

I am bumping your post up to see if you get an answer.

lanzlady

Thank you Catherine...I have decided against taking this drug and Gp agreed with me far too many bad side effects
to cope with ..I know every medication has side effects ..but I am not willing to take the risk of this one which has known side effects of bladder cancer
& bone fractures as stated by my D. DR. Starting mix of insulin twice a day soon along with 3 x 500 metfomin SR
so hopefully something will happen..

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you Catherine...I have decided against taking this drug and Gp agreed with me far too many bad side effects
to cope with ..I know every medication has side effects ..but I am not willing to take the risk of this one which has known side effects of bladder cancer
& bone fractures as stated by my D. DR. Starting mix of insulin twice a day soon along with 3 x 500 metfomin SR
so hopefully something will happen..

I have been prescribed this Lanzlady ...15mg once a day ,but have yet to take it after reading the side effects .It is supposed to be a good drug for people in heart failure like myself but 1 in 10 people reported weight gain and I'm not prepared to risk it .

borderter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
After going on this decided quite logically in my mind set at the time to end it all ,was not depressed or anything just couldnt see the point in it all as we are all going to die in the end .Told dns this and was swiftly taken off the drug and have never before or since felt that way scary

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
After going on this decided quite logically in my mind set at the time to end it all ,was not depressed or anything just couldnt see the point in it all as we are all going to die in the end .Told dns this and was swiftly taken off the drug and have never before or since felt that way scary

Wow ...so sorry to hear about that Borderter.So glad I didn't take that !