Fruits to eat that is low

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I have been told berries are low and good for Diabetec's what about Rhubarb is that good for us to?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been told berries are low and good for Diabetec's what about Rhubarb is that good for us to?

Since I've been back in UK, I've been having rhubarb regularly. It's very low carb, but be careful if you have to sweeten it. If you're OK with artificial sweetener, that's fine. I like mine tart, so keep the sweetener to the minimum.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have found that if I type into my search bar ....carbs in <insert name> .....then 9 times out of ten I get a useful panel detailing the contents of whatever food I am looking up. Try ....carbs in rhubarb.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
It's very low carb, but be careful if you have to sweeten it. If you're OK with artificial sweetener, that's fine. I like mine tart, so keep the sweetener to the minimum.

Me too, I find cream and/or desiccated coconut give all the sweetening I want.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Me too, I find cream and/or desiccated coconut give all the sweetening I want.

I try not to have too much cream (preference, not medical reasons), but I hadn't thought of the coconut option.

Actually, that would be nice as a yoghurt coconut panna cotta with a rhubarb coulis. :hungry:

Erm,............... I don't do puddings!

Reactions: 2 people

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
Rhubarb is low carb and I buy mine frozen from Farmfoods only £1 a bag

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Rhubard yum, It's probable low carb as it's technically a vegatable rather than a fruit, being the fleshy stalks of the leaves. (don't eat the leaved though they're poisonous, but v good for cleaning burnt saucepans)