What qualifies as a LOW carb??

Harpar

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ahhh yup! I have to take total responsibility for that colour, I painted it ;)

I knew a girl in Bristol (?) I think, can't remember what bike it was, but she painted it bright pink because her previous couple of bikes had been stolen and figured that bright pink would not only make it stand out but also might put people off nicking it. It worked. :)

Reactions: 2 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
:D I learnt to ride on an old M20 with a sidecar, and an old Panther, as well as an old Triumph Thunderbird. ;)
Try riding up a mountain on a rigid framed Triumph and see if you come down with a BSA!:rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No LGC, you're quite right about the marmalade!! I just don't think I could face Chilli at breakfast time!! :eek: Mornings are not my best time, and being faced with Chilli or curry would be a step too far!! Perhaps it will have to be scrambled eggs then, maybe with a bit of smoked salmon?

Thank you all for your replies, that's given me a much better idea about how to go about things. Looks like I will have to get a meter; my next blood test is not until the end of October, which I find hard to believe. How on earth do they expect me to know if I'm doing things right?? And if I'm not, that's three months of doing the wrong thing!! At the moment, I am having 500gm Metformin twice daily; so far - touch wood- none of the problems that usually occur! After what my husband went through, I was dreading taking it, but it seems I can tolerate it. Just as well, as they are reluctant to prescribe the SR version in our surgery; Derek suffered for years before they gave it to him.

smartlady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
31 carbs for 2 biscuits? ok if you're T1 & can inject for them but as a T2 I'd want a really special full meal for that amount of carbs. Although very few of my meals have that many in them

Smartie xx

Reactions: 4 people

Harpar

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
31 carbs for 2 biscuits? ok if you're T1 & can inject for them but as a T2 I'd want a really special full meal for that amount of carbs. Although very few of my meals have that many in them

Smartie xx
Couldn't agree more, if you are having that number of carbs at least make the meal worth while, What a waste of carb allowance ! ! !

Reactions: 4 people

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
Testing is definitely the way to go as it's the only way you'll know (in a reasonable timeframe) how much carb is ok for you. I saw a diabetic dietician last week, who suggested starting with 10g total carbs worth of something carby, like bread, potato or rice etc, and then check my BG at 1 and 2 hours and take it from there. I have 60-100g total carbs a day, depending on my mood/desired lifestyle of the day LOL.