Medtronic CGM and Pump in one

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
I know. I wonder how much they are and if our LHBs will fund. I fear not if the cost of the units are very expensive. I have been invited to a pump evening in sept where various pump suppliers will be showing different pumps. My DSN tells me that we will be able to see which one we like best (previously they have only offered Medtronic pumps to patients) so it will be interesting to see if this one is there. It will also be interesting to see what choice we do get in the end. I think our diabetes team out a load of us on pumps around the same time so they're all out of warranty next year.

Reactions: 2 people

Stefano

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That's interesting. I am going to a pump meeting in September (10) as well, in London. Really curious to see what the future holds. Pump & sensors have improved so much my diabetes control and quality of life and now I don't wanna miss any new improvement.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Suspect the NHS will be delighted with those as in theory if they don't fund your sensors then it's your choice if you use the all in one so to speak. Thus you pay for it and save them the cost of the cannulas. The transmitter looks as if it just clips in the same as it does for ordinary sensors. Well it does for Dexcom anyway :)

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I wouldnt use this. It removes the ability to prolong sensor life at all doesnt it? Plus its Meditronic.

I seriously dont see the problem with having two sites, whats the difference between one or two?

Reactions: 4 people

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
For some, me included, two sites just seems 1 site too many! I don't know about the funding or how it works - hoping to find out. I'm just glad about new/different pump advances. Have to say I assumed that the costs being one unit would be considerably less than having a CGM separate.

cjw

Engineer88 I assume you do not currently have the Medtronic pump and sensor as I do. If you did you would be jumping up and down at only needing one insertion and only having the insertions on one side of your body. Currently I have 2 insertion devices and 4 items required to carry around with me if I go away and I insert the cannula for the insulin and then also having to insert the sensor in a different location.

I have no info on this new device but I would assume it has one insertion device and would still need the reservoir and injection thing but that is 1 insertion device and 2 extra items – so HALF the current of everything. That is brilliant! BRING IT ON.

But my DSN say No!

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Engineer88 I assume you do not currently have the Medtronic pump and sensor as I do. If you did you would be jumping up and down at only needing one insertion and only having the insertions on one side of your body. Currently I have 2 insertion devices and 4 items required to carry around with me if I go away and I insert the cannula for the insulin and then also having to insert the sensor in a different location.

I have no info on this new device but I would assume it has one insertion device and would still need the reservoir and injection thing but that is 1 insertion device and 2 extra items – so HALF the current of everything. That is brilliant! BRING IT ON.

But my DSN say No!

No I use animas vibe CGM and pump - 1 device 2 sites. Hence one of the reasons I wouldn't use meditronic other than the complete lack of accuracy Ive heard about their CGM!

cjw

ah I see then that explains it! I can only have what my hospital uses which is Medtronic so for those of us with Medtronic this is fantastic. news. My place does use another device as well but only Medtronic with a sensor.