Terminal and. Scared - UPDATE !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Kevin,
Just read all the way through your posts in one sitting. Your thread was referred to in another post where a lady was asking for hep for her partner, she was told to make him read your posts.
I dont know if she has, but I have and it has really made an impact on me.
I have a young son, who I want to see grow up. I have been working hard to control my BG levels, but was looking forward to having 3 days off in August when we go on holiday............after reading your posts I am very determined to keep my BG levels under control ALL the time.

Off to check my feet.....

Please keep posting Kevin, it really has made a difference to people, YOU have made an impact in our lives.
Thank you

michelle lilly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
religion, politics, DIABETES....
hi kevin and wendy
soeey to hear about all your troubles, i am very new to the forum and not quite sure what am doing in fact thats a big fact of life for me at the moment am just lost, i have been reading some of the above post but would like to read your storie as i believe it could help me also, i have type 1 brittle diabetes and am suffering with conric pain though out my body, am 47 with a body that feels over a 100 i have all sorts of tests in the past the eletro one said the damage to my legs was grade 8 what ever that means i take morpine and lycia and a host of others for my stomach as i have gastoparis am takinf domperdone for that but it has cause my prelactose blood levels to be 3500 which is very high but with out them i just cant eat, every day is a battle as i know you already understand this, could you if well enough help me find all the information you have put on here, thank you so so much and i really hope you feel better soon:)

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
@michelle lilly
A) If you click on kman name in one of his posts
2) that will take you to his profile,
3) On the bar on it you will see a heading Postings that will give you a list/link all of Kevs postings.

Or to bypass that you click on here and look for the word POSTINGS

Have met him and his family, love the insane dog ...actually no choice she held us hostage well hub, she decided l was a waste of time in the throw a ball stakes but she had other half trained in about 1 minute. :hilarious:

Reactions: 4 people

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Knowing others Won't learn from my mistakes, Being TERMINALLY ILL !
Earlier today I found out a very close Freind of ours had Died last week. ... a victim of DEPRESSION,

RIP Nicky.

Love Always.

Kevin and Wendie.

xxx.

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
So sorry to hear of the loss of your friend

Thanks, funeral is tomorrow afternoon, we feel so much for her lovely parents, but we will be there for them, in coming months, it's all we can do. !

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just come across this thread and its predecessor after it was referenced in another one. I haven't read all the posts but enough to realise how amazing the whole story is. Reading the first few posts I did start to wonder when the last one would be and its wonderful to see that you are still with us and posting. Your courage in revealing all this, and the love and support that you have from your family is heart warming. I have had my head in the sand for about 5 years and only woke up to the possibilities a few months ago and started to get things under control. You have told me what might be in store if I relapse now but I know that it is up to me to make sure I never do.

Thank you for everything you have said and I hope that you and your family have many happy times together for as long as possible. My condolences also on the death of your friend.

Reactions: 2 people

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Just come across this thread and its predecessor after it was referenced in another one. I haven't read all the posts but enough to realise how amazing the whole story is. Reading the first few posts I did start to wonder when the last one would be and its wonderful to see that you are still with us and posting. Your courage in revealing all this, and the love and support that you have from your family is heart warming. I have had my head in the sand for about 5 years and only woke up to the possibilities a few months ago and started to get things under control. You have told me what might be in store if I relapse now but I know that it is up to me to make sure I never do.

Thank you for everything you have said and I hope that you and your family have many happy times together for as long as possible. My condolences also on the death of your friend.

Ruth, Thank you for your kind words, and well done for " Waking Up" to the dangers and the responsibilities of your own health, Best of luck too for keeping it up, I.feel you will, so you make sure you Live long, I know your not me, and I'm sure you'll have the strength and determination to do what I never did !

Today we attended our friends funeral, it went as well as any funeral could, her parents were distraught, but they have many friends including us to be there,

Thanks again Ruth,

Fondest Regards.

Kevin & Wendie.

S

Sable_Jan

So glad to hear the funeral went as well as it could. My brother's funeral was a celebration of his life with his friends in their "football gear" as I requested. ( He was a lifelong supporter of PNE.) I hope it was a celebration of your friend's life too. Friends of mine think it is strange I don't know the date nor even the year my parents passed away but to me that is not important. The important thing is their birth (not even that date; but I do remember their birthdays), that they were born to become my parents, and my brother too - that he was born to be my brother and all the memories of them.

I'd say your friends have a good friend in you :)

alliebee

Hi kman and wendie. Just wanted to send my best wishes hoping that you are feeling a little better than you were...x

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Can I have a link to your blog please?

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dont think he has it up and running yet Alliebee he hasnt been great.

Thanks. .... And you hit the nail on the head, very rough time right now, my time is coming all too fast,

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Folks I have for sometime now been lost in a habit of feeling sorry for myself, the Rapid deterioration of my condition, and the corresponsding increase in the intensetity and the frequency of my Neuropathic Pains, plus the worsening on a daily basis of my C.O.P.D, being a large part of this, plusmy Depression hasn't helped at all,

I am sick offeeling like this, and of feeling sorry for myself constantly, I miss writing here in this thread, so I am determined now to drag myself to my feet, even if not literelly, and to make more of my time aimed at once again keeping you all informed and upto date with the progress of such a Complication of Diabetes and Stupidity,

So here I am, Ready to take up the reigns again, so please keep faith with me, pop in here to the thread now and again, and lets hope at least one person out there will learn from my errors, and learn to Stay Well, Stay Alive, and be Happy for many many years to come,

And thanks again for putting up with me through Thick and Thin.

Love and Hugs to All.

Kevin & Wendie

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
[eQUOTE="kman, post: 649433, member: 4900"]Folks I have for sometime now been lost in a habit of feeling sorry for myself, the Rapid deterioration of my condition, and the corresponsding increase in the intensetity and the frequency of my Neuropathic Pains, plus the worsening on a daily basis of my C.O.P.D, being a large part of this, plusmy Depression hasn't helped at all,

I am sick offeeling like this, and of feeling sorry for myself constantly, I miss writing here in this thread, so I am determined now to drag myself to my feet, even if not literelly, and to make more of my time aimed at once again keeping you all informed and upto date with the progress of such a Complication of Diabetes and Stupidity,

So here I am, Ready to take up the reigns again, so please keep faith with me, pop in here to the thread now and again, and lets hope at least one person out there will learn from my errors, and learn to Stay Well, Stay Alive, and be Happy for many many years to come,

Love and Hugs to All.

Kevin & Wendie[/QUOTE]welcome back

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
[eQUOTE="kman, post: 649433, member: 4900"]Folks I have for sometime now been lost in a habit of feeling sorry for myself, the Rapid deterioration of my condition, and the corresponsding increase in the intensetity and the frequency of my Neuropathic Pains, plus the worsening on a daily basis of my C.O.P.D, being a large part of this, plusmy Depression hasn't helped at all,

Love and Hugs to All.

Kevin & Wendie[/QUOTE]welcome back

alliebee

Hi Kevin. So nice to hear from you again. It sounds like you have had it really tough for a while now...its so nice to hear you are going to post again ..there are a lot of people here who care...welcome back

Status
Not open for further replies.