Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dale1958

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
vegetables
I think
You can still use myfitnesspal to gain weight. It must be very hard to get the right diet for BG control when you don't want to lose weight.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
I am using myfitnesspal it is great and the breakdown is really good, just changed my profile as I had no weight gain or loss now have got weight gain, my profile at the moment calls for 150g of carbs, which has to go as this is the cause (i think) of my high bg

Reactions: 3 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think
You can still use myfitnesspal to gain weight. It must be very hard to get the right diet for BG control when you don't want to lose weight.

I don't think it's hard to have a varied diet for blood control without losing weight. I think the tricky period is the transition between losing weight and stabilisation. It's the change that's difficult, and let's face it by the time we're looking to level off it's a tweak, and we've made lots of changes in order to get to that position. I think @dale1958 is just in a period where he has a variation on that theme; albeit, without the earlier period of adjustment in orer to lose weight.

I've had a few false dawns myself where I thought I had managed to stop losing weight, then the scales notch down again. Right now, I am cautiously optimistic I may have cracked it this time.

Dale, if I wanted to gain weight, I would choose something I was going to eat "extra". When I wanted to stop losing, I did this. I chose something highly calorific, so it was peanuts for me. When I still needed to do more, I added some more cheese

Reactions: 2 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was hoping that by cutting out so many carbs and sugars that my bg would have been better Andbreath .Hey ho ...early days i suppose .

Mine took FOREVER to lower bg. Hang in there and let your body adjust....

Xxx

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was hoping that by cutting out so many carbs and sugars that my bg would have been better Andbreath .Hey ho ...early days i suppose .

In the early days, the changes in bloods are not necessarily immediate. Your body, and in particular the digestive enzymes it produces, are primed by experience.

When I was on the downward trend, I used to find I would toddle along with scores of x or y, then for no material reason, my bloods would drop a notch, then stay there. So, you do need to be patient. If your eating plan is robust, and you stick to it, you should see results. Right now you are still training your body to accept you want it to run much lower. It's trying to keep you higher, because that's been your body's comfort zone for quite some time. You need to help it understand who is the boss.

Reactions: 6 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In the early days, the changes in bloods are not necessarily immediate. Your body, and in particular the digestive enzymes it produces, are primed by experience.

When I was on the downward trend, I used to find I would toddle along with scores of x or y, then for no material reason, my bloods would drop a notch, then stay there. So, you do need to be patient. If your eating plan is robust, and you stick to it, you should see results. Right now you are still training your body to accept you want it to run much lower. It's trying to keep you higher, because that's been your body's comfort zone for quite some time. You need to help it understand who is the boss.
And exercise really helps with lowering bg. Just walking for 45 mins can make a difference x

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am using myfitnesspal it is great and the breakdown is really good, just changed my profile as I had no weight gain or loss now have got weight gain, my profile at the moment calls for 150g of carbs, which has to go as this is the cause (i think) of my high bg
You don't have to stick to the carb intake it recommends. You decide how many. You can make up calories with foods such as meat, fish, nuts, eggs, cream and cheese. Olives are good too. I use myfitnesspal to help me keep within the calorie and carb limits I set myself.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.2 after 6.9 last night - early starts and tiredness starting to catch up I suspect.

Reactions: 5 people

gaz tred

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late dinner at 9.30 post football. 5.3 this morning. Got my first diabetes education course today

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
6.9 this am , had a bad night thought kept feeling sick and didn't sleep good at all grrrrr

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late dinner at 9.30 post football. 5.3 this morning. Got my first diabetes education course today
Good luck Gaz- I had mine the last two Tuesdays.........can't say it was time well spent though! Learn more in an hour on here!!

gaz tred

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks kimbo - I am in the session as I type listening to the rubbish about eating carbs is ok. I can see me having to pitch in and start a row in a bit. Will post up later on how it went!

Reactions: 7 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning after a feast of Indian food. I thought I will just try and see so had naan breads rice kormas everything. I was quite sure it would be high but was pleasantly surprised to see that reading

Reactions: 6 people

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 after 6.9 last night - early starts and tiredness starting to catch up I suspect.
Not long to go before your holiday I think? Hope it's a good one!

4.5 this morning. It's not usually so low but I tested about 8am and I usually do it at around 6am.

Or perhaps it was the sugar free jelly fest I had at midnight? ;-)

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 here today, unadjusted so go me! No idea where that came from though we did eat a bit earlier last night so maybe I'd burned it off before bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.