Smokey on Beeb now

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The best voice and singer songwriter ever is on the one show now !

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Yes and what a legend the man is and looking so good too :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Agreed, a great singer who had so many great hits. Thought Smokey has gone OTT on the face surgery, looked a bit like David Gest.

Reactions: 3 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Looks and sounds very good for a man in his eighties. And still touring! His song with Elton John, is good despite Elton doing most of the lead. Tracks of my tears. One of my top three songs.
Written, sung, produced by Smokey. The greatest poet of the second half of the twentieth century. He has been associated with over 4000 published songs!

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Yeah Elton and Steve Tyler both contributed to the programme tonight, agreed that Tracks of my Tears is by far the best..

Massive fan of Elton and have seen him in concert, if you ever get the chance to see him Nosher you should take the opportunity:)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yeah Elton and Steve Tyler both contributed to the programme tonight, agreed that Tracks of my Tears is by far the best..

Massive fan of Elton and have seen him in concert, if you ever get the chance to see him Nosher you should take the opportunity:)
Did you know that Elton auditioned to play keyboard for the Isley Brothers in the sixties! Another long lasting super R&B group.

There is a soul & Motown revue on the echo arena in Liverpool in October and the cheapest ticket price is fifty quid. You are about 100 yards from the stage for that price. Love to go,!but the cost!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Did you know that Elton auditioned to play keyboard for the Isley Brothers in the sixties! Another long lasting super R&B group.

There is a soul & Motown revue on the echo arena in Liverpool in October and the cheapest ticket price is fifty quid. You are about 100 yards from the stage for that price. Love to go,!but the cost!

Nah didn't know that Nosher, if you've got Sky you might still be able to watch the Million Dollar Piano on Catch-up, a great concert to watch and Elton sounds as good as ever and his band is so tight.

The Liverpool concert sounds great, £50 is a lot of money mind but worth it if you like that music.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Nah didn't know that Nosher, if you've got Sky you might still be able to watch the Million Dollar Piano on Catch-up, a great concert to watch and Elton sounds as good as ever and his band is so tight.

The Liverpool concert sounds great, £50 is a lot of money mind but worth it if you like that music.
Yeah I will look out for that, Elton was hugely influenced by the Motown sound!

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I saw this thread title earlier and thought it was about that band from the seventies that we're living next door to Alice.

Glad I didn't comment as the penny has just dropped lol :bag:

Reactions: 5 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I saw this thread title earlier and thought it was about that band from the seventies that we're living next door to Alice.

Glad I didn't comment as the penny has just dropped lol :bag:
I preferred the chubby browns version!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Agreed, a great singer who had so many great hits. Thought Smokey has gone OTT on the face surgery, looked a bit like David Gest.

looked a bit like David Gest.[/QUOTE Noblehead, oh no not David Gest :eek: but I did only see the show for a few minutes. forgot the great man was in his eighties, wow :cool:

Reactions: 4 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
looked a bit like David Gest.[/QUOTE Noblehead, oh no not David Gest :eek: but I did only see the show for a few minutes. forgot the great man was in his eighties, wow :cool:
Started Motown with Berry Gordy in 1958! Was already a singer in clubs with a natural talent for song writing! Gordy nurtured his talents to write more professionally. The rest is a long and brilliant history!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Started Motown with Berry Gordy in 1958! Was already a singer in clubs with a natural talent for song writing! Gordy nurtured his talents to write more professionally. The rest is a long and brilliant history!

1958 :eek: the year I was born, I still cant believe his age though, an amazing talent :D, but time has gone by so quickly..........................

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

A good age to be still singing and sounding great. The comparison with DG maybe was a bit harsh :D

C

chris lowe

Looks and sounds very good for a man in his eighties. And still touring! His song with Elton John, is good despite Elton doing most of the lead. Tracks of my tears. One of my top three songs.
Written, sung, produced by Smokey. The greatest poet of the second half of the twentieth century. He has been associated with over 4000 published songs!
I think I may have to put him on my "Must see before theyt pop their clogs" list.

Reactions: 6 people
C

chris lowe

Did you also know that Elton used to play on those old Top of The Pops covers L P's when he was still known as Reg Dwight? Right, and that's enough of reminding me of things I'd rather forget 'cos they make sound my age! :playful:

Reactions: 6 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Did you also know that Elton used to play on those old Top of The Pops covers L P's when he was still known as Reg Dwight? Right, and that's enough of reminding me of things I'd rather forget 'cos they make sound my age! :playful:
Just how bad were they?

No! I well remember them. My mum bought one cos of the cheapness of them! It only ever got played once!

Wouldn't get away with doing covers now would they?