AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The pulled pork is astonishingly good.
Thank you @AndBreathe for finding and suggesting that recipe (the spice men, pulled pork).
We had it with coleslaw and salad
And best of all, I'm not going to have to cook again for 4 days. :happy:

And the crackling was almost as good today :wideyed:

Excellent. Have you done their spicy burger? I liked that too.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had my chicken tikka, with some salad and some scrummy pakora. It was my first foray into the crispy, crunchy batter world. I had been fancying it, so went for the gram flour option.

4.0 before, peaked at 5.1 at one hour, 4.5 at 90 minutes and back to 4.0 at 2 hours. Result for me!! I can't decide if I was a glutton or if it was the gram flour that made me feel a bit bloated. Quite possibly it was psychosomatic as I didn't want to have enjoyed it too much then have the spike of all spikes.

Another option on the yes list for me. I do know how lucky I am.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

@AndBreathe I have been pondering gram flour myself recently after my houmous success. Sounds interesting. Thanks for being a guinea pig :)

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Luxury dinner - gressingham duck breast and lovely sauce made with fat from the duck, a lot of butter, a tbsp of red wine and some sukrin to balance the taste .....DIVINE some salad leaves for decoration.

Reactions: 2 people

Tinkle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bad manners
Spicy food
Turkey steak poached in a tomato/ onion/ garlic sauce with roasted butternut squash and broccoli followed by Apple crumble made with eating apples so no sweetener needed and topped with an oat and nut topping healthy but large!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast turkey bacon poached egg mushrooms
Lunch roast beef flat beans cauli cheese carrots gravy
Supper impromptu trip out to Manchester to see band so 2sq 85% chocolate cheese portion and slice cold beef

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just eaten a packet of Mr Trotter's Great British Pork Crackling. 397 calories, 0g Carb.

Well, that's what the nutritional information table says, but then the ingredients list is: Pork Rind, Salt, Wheat Flour, Rusk, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Sugar, Dextrose, Citric Acid, Yeast Extract, Flavourings. And the warnings are: Contains Wheat, Gluten and Soya.

As there were no carbs, I didn't bother testing beforehand. I will test in about 90 minutes and how that goes.

I'm usually a bit brighter than that. Doh!

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just eaten a packet of Mr Trotter's Great British Pork Crackling. 397 calories, 0g Carb.

Well, that's what the nutritional information table says, but then the ingredients list is: Pork Rind, Salt, Wheat Flour, Rusk, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Sugar, Dextrose, Citric Acid, Yeast Extract, Flavourings. And the warnings are: Contains Wheat, Gluten and Soya.

As there were no carbs, I didn't bother testing beforehand. I will test in about 90 minutes and how that goes.

I'm usually a bit brighter than that. Doh!

I think you'll be ok. I love The Real Pork Crackling co ones - they've only got yeast extract and are 0.5g carbs. £1 for big pack in Asda so in theory is two portions!

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1409572569.364447.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks both, @Debmcgee and @douglas99 . The Mr Trotter's variant I had were Jalapeno Chilli, so they had a bit of pep to say the least!

I enjoy crackling on pork, when we have a roast, but this is probably my first ever venture into scratchings. They have just never been on my radar before, and generally, I would say I wouldn't want 60g of anything quite so fatty, but one has to try things, from time to time. Irrespective of my blood results, I doubt they'll be a staple in the Breathe household, but who knows.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to be the same but they're great when the crisp cravings kick in!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch pochard egg, smoked bacon, gluten free 97% sausage, big mushroom
Snack cold beef, pickled onions , cheese
Dinner chicken faijtas , feta, peppers and onions in iceberg wraps

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon, 2 fried eggs, coffee
Salami salad, sour cream dressing, diet coke
Lemon mug cake, 3 strawbs, cream, coffee
Hmomemade doner kebab, lettuce, coleslaw
Tea

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
2 egg mushroom omelet fried in a dab of butter
1 banana (yes I know its quite high ) :)
Homemade veg soup .with 2 crispbreads 7.5 grms each and butter.
beef medallion with mushrooms and salad with a slight grating of cheese.
sugar free jelly with a spoonful of cream.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pulled pork

I'll assume you found it a bit morish then? ;)

I still haven't done the baby back ribs in the slow cooker. I'm sort of waiting until I've been to the farm shop butchery. Their meat really is superior, and it stand out in the simple recipes, in particular.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can't wait to get slow cooker out the garage and fired up!

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast : Slice of wholemeal seeded toast with no added sugar crunchy peanut butter.
Lunch: Salad of cooked runner beans, mixed with rocket, chopped walnuts and parmesan shavings topped with Parma ham and dressed with olive oil and lemon juice.
Dinner: Having tuna and stir fried spring onions in soy sauce with gingered sweet potato mash.

Status
Not open for further replies.