DVLA timescales?

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I sent my forms notifying them about becoming insulin dependant back in June, around the 23rd. Not a dicky bird from them to date? Is this usual? I have heard they can take months to respond but has anybody else done this recently and got a response?

Thanks.

Ali

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Try chasing them up tomorrow, I recently renewed my licence and they took around 8 weeks (although they were doing some checks).

Cath40

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
hi im in the same boat now just been told i have to go on insulin ........can you still drive why your waiting for them to respond?

Geordie lass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It took DVLA 3 months to return my driving licence and that was late last year. I still drove during this time as it was permitted.

Reactions: 2 people

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes you can carry on driving providing a Dr hasn't told you you must refrain. My letter was sent Monday, everything is ok just got to send my licence back for my 3 year one.

Ali

Reactions: 2 people

Cath40

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
ah ok thanks for that hopefully i will be ok and geet my licence sorted dr has not said anything about my driving

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Returned my licence today so should get a 3 year one back.

Ali

manicarrie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine was back within a fortnight. Maybe because I took it to their office mind, no excuses for it getting lost ........

janeliz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Shopping, smoking
I sent forms to the DVLA to tell them I had gone on insulin July 20th. I am still waiting to hear. I did e-mail the end of August to enquire on time scales . They replied saying they were behind and waiting for information and would be in touch in due course. You can drive until they tell you cannot, if that is the outcome. You are also obliged to inform your car insurance that you have gone on insulin and are awaiting DVLA response to your driving status. Otherwise, you may not be covered in the event of claim.