Room 101 (like the TV prog)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think that ex husbands often find their own way into the room (which is quite entertaining), but we can always herd the stragglers in, if they prove recalcitrant.

Of course (though I find this a little more difficult to believe) ex wives may sometimes need to go in too.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think that ex husbands often find their own way into the room (which is quite entertaining), but we can always herd the stragglers in, if they prove recalcitrant.

Of course (though I find this a little more difficult to believe) ex wives may sometimes need to go in too.

Agree but I'm amazing so should def stay out!

Reactions: 2 people
C

chris lowe

Oh Gawd yes ... we are so spoiled for choice with such an array of products ... how about Tuna? Use to be 2 types, tuna in brine or tuna in oil .. now it's tuna with onion, tuna with chilli, tuna with lemon pepper, tuna with satay, tuna with tuna ... it takes so long just to find a can of tuna in brine.

When I was a kid in UK the only icecream from the corner shop was a Mivvi, an Orangemaid or a little tub of icecream with a spoon ... and you tell kids today and they dawn't bluddy believe ya!
And who can forget a carton of Kiora orange squash at half time in the cinema? Now you pay more than the seat for a gallon of diet pepsi and no break for a quick wee, so you either miss 10mins of the film or hang on for the next 3 hrs.

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
And who can forget a carton of Kiora orange squash at half time in the cinema? Now you pay more than the seat for a gallon of diet pepsi and no break for a quick wee, so you either miss 10mins of the film or hang on for the next 3 hrs.
Eeehhh, they were the days lass! Showing our age, aren't we? :)

Reactions: 4 people

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
Have you been on the sherbets, @semiphonic? A bit concerned about your last two posts :wideyed:

:eek: Me??? On the sherbets??? Of course not!! In unrelated news I was a little 'tired and emotional' the next day

Of course I didn't really toilet my wife, I'm happy with my sticky-out bits in the place that nature intended....

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
More contenders for 101

Prissy, prim, holier than thou preachy types.

They irritate me.
Actually they irritate me so much I want to machine gun them slowly, with lemon juice.

And the MOST irritating thing? They are always so superiorly sanctimonious that they wouldn't believe that they weren't perfect.

As you can imagine, I came across one of these pathetic excuses for humanity bullying someone today. They were doing it with a slightly pursed mouth, and a hint of a tut.

Unfortunately, I was out of bullets at the time.

Reactions: 8 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok don't shoot me but....

I'm sick of those perfect mums that complain when the holidays are coming to an end, who are so 'gutted' their little angel is starting proper school, how they love spending time with their perfect child.

And then plaster it all over Facebook! If it's that perfect, surely you'd be quietly content and enjoy it rather than telling ransoms on a website?!

Reactions: 5 people

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
Ok don't shoot me but....

I'm sick of those perfect mums that complain when the holidays are coming to an end, who are so 'gutted' their little angel is starting proper school, how they love spending time with their perfect child.

And then plaster it all over Facebook! If it's that perfect, surely you'd be quietly content and enjoy it rather than telling ransoms on a website?!
Blimey I must have been a **** Mum then .. I dreaded the school holidays and couldn't wait for them to go to kindy/school!

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Blimey I must have been a **** Mum then .. I dreaded the school holidays and couldn't wait for them to go to kindy/school!

Here here! I'm made to feel like a **** mum because I'm brutally honest amongst my peers!

Reactions: 4 people

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I want to chuck in over exuberant shop assistants. Actually just exuberant shop assistants will do, they don't even have to be over exuberant.

This exchange actually happened today when I went to buy some floor cleaner from a 'just less than £1' shop

"Cashier number 2 please"

Me - "Hi" as I plonk down my floor cleaner
Cashier - "Hi" and he's jigging around
Me - :shifty:
Cashier - 'jigging around'
Me - "Do you need the toilet?"
Cashier - "No!!!!"
Me - "Why are you jigging around then?"
Cashier - "I'm happy!!!!"
Me - "There's a queue"
Cashier - "Yes!!!!" and jigging around
Me - "I just want to pay for this" and indicate towards my floor cleaner
Me - "Please, take my money"
Cashier - "Do you want to buy some angel cake?" Making a sweeping motion over the till area towards some prepacked pink stuff.....
Me - "What?"
Cashier - "Angel cake. Do you want some?"
Me - "No"
Cashier - "Oh go on!!!!" Jigging around
Me - "No, I just want this floor cleaner"
Cashier - "But Angel Cake is lovely!!!!"
Me - "I'm diabetic"
Cashier - ":wideyed: 99p please sir"
Me - "Keep the change, douchebag"

Reactions: 7 people

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
I want to chuck in over exuberant shop assistants. Actually just exuberant shop assistants will do, they don't even have to be over exuberant.

This exchange actually happened today when I went to buy some floor cleaner from a 'just less than £1' shop

"Cashier number 2 please"

Me - "Hi" as I plonk down my floor cleaner
Cashier - "Hi" and he's jigging around
Me - "Do you need the toilet?"
Cashier - "No!!!!"
Me - "Why are you jigging around then?"
Cashier - "I'm happy!!!!"
Me - "There's a queue"
Cashier - "Yes!!!!" and jigging around
Me - "I just want to pay for this" and indicate towards my floor cleaner
Me - "Please, take my money"
Cashier - "Do you want to buy some angel cake?" Making a sweeping motion over the till area towards some prepacked pink stuff.....
Me - "What?"
Cashier - "Angel cake. Do you want some?"
Me - "No"
Cashier - "Oh go on!!!!" Jigging around
Me - "No, I just want this floor cleaner"
Cashier - "But Angel Cake is lovely!!!!"
Me - "I'm diabetic"
Cashier - ":wideyed: 99p please sir"
Me - "Keep the change, douchebag"
*** .... what an idiot. Rush them into Room 101 immediately!

Sometimes, when they say 'Hello, how are you today?' I feel like say, 'Terrible! Hardly slept a wink last night, slept through alarm, woke up with bad sinus, dog had done a 'massive dump' on the carpet cos I slept in, my neck is stiff, my arthritis is giving me gyp and just got a gas bill for $500!' Wonder what the reaction would be? Don't know why they ask as I'm sure they really don't give a FFA.

'Keep the change, ya filthy animal!' (Home Alone, in case you haven't seen it

Reactions: 3 people

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Sometimes, when they say 'Hello, how are you today?' I feel like say, 'Terrible! Hardly slept a wink last night, slept through alarm, woke up with bad sinus, dog had done a 'massive dump' on the carpet cos I slept in, my neck is stiff, my arthritis is giving me gyp and just got a gas bill for $500!' Wonder what the reaction would be? Don't know why they ask as I'm sure they really don't give a FFA.

Thanks!! Think your machine auto corrected 'massage' to 'massive'!!!
Totally agree though, I'd love to pull up a chair and start with "thanks for asking...." and then launch into a (at least) 10 minute explanation of my life from birth to the present day....... Can you imagine the reaction!?!

Totally understood the Home Alone reference btw :)

Reactions: 6 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bloody autocorrect on Apple products - they are so random and make me look very silly!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Someone posted to say how to turn it off.
But I've lost the post.

So that was really mean of me, wasn't it? Telling you that there is a solution, then telling you it is out of reach.

;)

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know how to do it but it helps speed up my writing so it is beneficial - it's just annoying when I'm in a rush and don't have time to proof read! Guess I'm lazy!

C

chris lowe

That reminds me of a boss I had once who asked someone on the other end of the phone how they were and they obviously started to tell him because he said"just making conversation I don't need to know" Yep over the years I've had some ***** bosses

Reactions: 5 people
C

chris lowe

Can I chuck in drivers at night who don't dip their headlights when coming towards you. I just assume they're morons who don't know how and people who overtake on a straight bit of road when it's 30 or 40 mph limit which I'm keeping to

Reactions: 7 people
C

chris lowe

Well since you're on the subject I actually didn't sleep much last night as both cats decided to start fisty paws at 3.30 am so lots of growling hissing and spitting with Alfie trying to get Daisy out from under the dressing table, then a repeat performane about 3 more times just as I got back to sleep. If they don't behave tonight they'll be going into Room 101 tomorrow.