My Low GI diet, counting the calories, and surviving with carbs

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
have you ever seen turtles? im smitten with turtles, they are soooo cool, id love to see a turtle in the wild

K

Kat100

Now I have a bit of a problem accepting that long tern diagnosed don't need to know this stuff...
I have seen people give up as time goes by ....and yes some individuals could have tried a little bit harder , but some did not just have the motivation to carry on with their diet medication etc ....for some people it just becomes to much and people give up ....for many reasons ...

I wonder if individuals feel,more motivated in the beginning, but seeing people much further in their lives choose to give up their life because they can't keep the motivation up to carry on is really heartbreaking ....

That is one reason i so strongly believe in support for everyone ....health and social,care is a must for all ....

( I am writing from personal life experience )

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i cant help anyone who knows whats right and dosent do it, thats a job for the head patting folks amongst us, i have more interest in people that dont know what to do or what they have been told is potentially wrong, im not a clever person and im not a psychologist so i cant help the long term unmotivated, i tried to help someone with this very thing this week, you may have seen the results, i should stick to what i have experience with

we was considering a snorkelling holiday next year, not diving, just floating lol

K

Kat100

Snorkelling is (nearly) as good. You can't sink, you can''t drown, it's as good as being a fish.
(With scuba, when your air runs out, it's more difficult)
Where were you?
Maldives ....a real treat a divers paradise ...
Went to,some great islands just for the snorkelling ..... :)
It was fab ....

Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

i cant help anyone who knows whats right and dosent do it, thats a job for the head patting folks amongst us, i have more interest in people that dont know what to do or what they have been told is potentially wrong, im not a clever person and im not a psychologist so i cant help the long term unmotivated, i tried to help someone with this very thing this week, you may have seen the results, i should stick to what i have experience with

we was considering a snorkelling holiday next year, not diving, just floating lol
I am a fish ....goldfish or killer whale I am not sure ....

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i swam with dolphins and snorkled with massive rays and cool fish in florida, it was very cool, but dont like the pressure on my ears diving down, so wouldnt fancy diving, i suffer terrible on planes

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

K

Kat100

I am a fish ....goldfish or killer whale I am not sure ....
You can get some great offers
Do it.

I was terrified of swimming out of my depth.
I genuinely couldn't swim.
A combination of heavy bones, shallow breathing, (no air in my lungs), and just being unfit.
I then learnt deep breathing, (lots of air in me), weigh loss, and also the attitude 'bo**ocks, diabetes will kill me, so I'll get in first', and I can snorkel over a bottomless pit now. Give me scuba, and my own air, and I don't give a fig.

It is just amazing ...to have that control ....

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
It gets easier with practice. (Like everything)
I can equalise just by 'clicking' my ears, without even pinching my nose.

no i think i have a pressure problem, its actually painful, i sit on the plane in agony and deaf looking around the plane at everyone else enjoying themselves, its like being on an island by myself and im deaf for days after the flight it terrible, i think id burst my eardrums if i dove

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Eventually, we agree, and I've said this from the start about you, if you recollect.
You do it very well your way, and I do it mine, but we both get there in the end!

yeah but my way is better.... you ask my missus, she tells everyone im always right... or something like that

forge

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Getting old and everything that goes with it. All the repeats on TV. The drongos who ring me up to sell me things. Religious havens for pedophiles and war-mongers.
so in conclusion and if any newbies watching this great and interesting thread, once youve lost 6 stone, gained excellent control of bgs, do vigorous exercise regularly, monitor bg closely before and after meals, and you go deep see diving... if they dont push your numbers up.....its ok to eat carbs!

;)

@Andy12345

yes I agree

When I think about it the official line is eat carbs we need them. Just maybe they are right, even if it takes 20 years for us to find out.

So yes I cut carbs but I will be increasing them when I can.

There is nothing like having a dollar each way.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
@Andy12345

yes I agree

When I think about it the official line is eat carbs we need them. Just maybe they are right, even if it takes 20 years for us to find out.

So yes I cut carbs but I will be increasing them when I can.

There is nothing like having a dollar each way.

you dont agree with me, you missed the point completely forge

Last edited by a moderator: