Lantus

Cathm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys yesterday I changed from humalog mix to lantus and novo rapid. Last night I thre up after my first dose of each new insulin rang nhs 24 how were great and referred me to the hospital who were great and advised me etc etc they seem to think my body went into shock which in turn made me throw up, anyway, My question is can the lantus cause stomach pains as since then I have had really bad stomach pains notably worse since taking the lantus again tonight ? Any advise please in the past I asked if the same question and was told no insulin doesn't do that p. For other reasons I got different insulin and was fine now first and second day back on lantus pain?

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes it's possible that you could be allergic to Lantus.

Was there a reason to change you over from Humalog mix?

There are alternatives to Lantus such as Levemir or Tresiba, so you could ask to try those instead

tonal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am 75 and have had D2 since 1994. I have had Lantus injections for the last three years without problems, but I did have to start slow going up 2 units at a time. For the last 6 months I have settled on 38 units once a day but also take metaformin at night. My 3 monthly reading is about 6.5.
Good Luck

Cathm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes it's possible that you could be allergic to Lantus.

Was there a reason to change you over from Humalog mix?

There are alternatives to Lantus such as Levemir or Tresiba, so you could ask to try those instead
Thanks for your reply x I have changes because despite really watching what im eating my blood sugars are still not great especially since I was diagnosed with coeliac x plus I've been reassured I will greater flexibility with the change x

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Though Lantus seems to be the popular prescription for a basal, it doesn't suit everyone . Though it could be coincidence that you have had stomach pains and vomiting since starting it, and unrelated, if you are concerned contact your GP or clinic who prescribed it ASAP.

Signy