help..... I need some advice desperate

south711

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
being a diabetic and finding restrictions.to life style. people who do not understand the problems one has. not being able to afford to come back to uk for holidays as often, quite expensive. miss some foods that the French do not do. but can live with that French drivers. who love to tail gate. and they love to drive over the white line. in rural areas they are a pain. but get use to it. does put the wind up you. But driving in the UK found that drivers want to get as close as they can. and the traffic. it took me 25 minutes to get to friends house which was less then a mile away. due to traffic.
Good morning. I need some help it is getting desperate.
On Friday I assume that I had a hypo, never had one as bad, I was sitting having a coffee, and came over very faint, shaking and sweating, got int to the lounge, that was as far as I could go, sat down and could not stop shaking, and the sweat was running off me. I could not make it upstairs for over an hour, eventually did. laid down and must have dropped off.

I styed in bed for the rest of the day. had nothing to eat. drank water. and felt very weak took a reading and it was very high 215 took another reading and it was 134 still no food.
Saturday :The following day felt the same weak, sweating and shaky. I had nothing to eat all day a the bg reading was still very high163.. just drank water. feel very weak ans do not want anything to eat.

Still in bed Sunday, felt a little better, but bg still climbing. Took my pills, hoping that they would reduce my levels. now 188.
had something to eat although did not feel like it. stayed in bed all day. no change,

Monday taken bg again tried the old bg system 171 had abreakfast still not hungary. still feel weak and little shakey.

Why is mu bg not going down. not energy, and feel better when laying flat.
Cannot understand why my bg is not reducing, as I have not eaten a full meal since Friday. and still have waves of being weak and want to rest. certainly not hungary at all/

Why is this happening, never had such a big hypo before and feeling like this. I am very worried, and do not know what to do. can anyone help me, as I feel so horrible and just want to lay down,

I would have thought that not eating would drop my bg. but not so. phew 232 at 1o.10 done nothing ncrease it. taken another with another machine freestyle 233.

Can anyone help me please, what is happening. I am getting very worried.

Thank yiu in advance

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
yep, get to hospital, if needed ring an ambulance.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If my conversion is correct, 232 is about 12.8 mmol/l. High but not high enough for you to feel this way.

It is not a hypo, that is anything below 4mmol/l so about 72 in the units you use.

I suspect you have flu or some other such virus or bug. Have you been sick? I would suggest seeing a doctor to make sure all is ok

Reactions: 4 people

south711

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
being a diabetic and finding restrictions.to life style. people who do not understand the problems one has. not being able to afford to come back to uk for holidays as often, quite expensive. miss some foods that the French do not do. but can live with that French drivers. who love to tail gate. and they love to drive over the white line. in rural areas they are a pain. but get use to it. does put the wind up you. But driving in the UK found that drivers want to get as close as they can. and the traffic. it took me 25 minutes to get to friends house which was less then a mile away. due to traffic.
Many thanks I feel like s....
What is the difference hpyo hyper
Do not have bug as far as I know, Just feel so bad in myself,

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
why haven't you left yet :)
you need checking out, 4 days is too long and can give some bad complications that may require immediate treatment

south711

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
I phoned an ambulance, they took all my details. but said that my doctor would deal with this. so I will be seeing him at 1pm.
cannot believe that the way I feel.. have to see what he ays, he is very good, did not ring himas I know he is always bussy.
But living in France samu contactd the doctor, so will see him and go from there. Thank you all so much for your advice and I certainly felt that this had gone along to much/ your advice was taken. but now have to see the Doctor.

I will let you know either they put me in hospital or send me back home. as long a I do not feel like this again. I apologies for mistakes in typing. fingers want to do what they ant.

Thank you all I knew that contacting you, it would be agood result/ keep your fingers crossed I am a type 2 honestly can see no reason for this, as I have kept to my diet and had good results. This is a terrible disease to have and one that I do not wish on anyone.
But you guys are worth there weight in gold. thank you

Anne

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
This must be very scary for you Anne, hope your doctor can give you some idea as to why you feel this way, take care xx

south711

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
thank you just going to doctors now

you all have given me so much advice which I have taken on board

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Many thanks I feel like s....
What is the difference hpyo hyper
Do not have bug as far as I know, Just feel so bad in myself,

A hypo is low blood glucose and a hyper is high blood glucose, hopefully the Dr's will find the cause of your high bg levels, good luck and do keep us informed of your progress.

Reactions: 2 people

south711

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Good morning. I need some help it is getting desperate.
On Friday I assume that I had a hypo, never had one as bad, I was sitting having a coffee, and came over very faint, shaking and sweating, got int to the lounge, that was as far as I could go, sat down and could not stop shaking, and the sweat was running off me. I could not make it upstairs for over an hour, eventually did. laid down and must have dropped off.

I styed in bed for the rest of the day. had nothing to eat. drank water. and felt very weak took a reading and it was very high 215 took another reading and it was 134 still no food.
Saturday :The following day felt the same weak, sweating and shaky. I had nothing to eat all day a the bg reading was still very high163.. just drank water. feel very weak ans do not want anything to eat.

Still in bed Sunday, felt a little better, but bg still climbing. Took my pills, hoping that they would reduce my levels. now 188.
had something to eat although did not feel like it. stayed in bed all day. no change,

Monday taken bg again tried the old bg system 171 had abreakfast still not hungary. still feel weak and little shakey.

Why is mu bg not going down. not energy, and feel better when laying flat.
Cannot understand why my bg is not reducing, as I have not eaten a full meal since Friday. and still have waves of being weak and want to rest. certainly not hungary at all/

Why is this happening, never had such a big hypo before and feeling like this. I am very worried, and do not know what to do. can anyone help me, as I feel so horrible and just want to lay down,

I would have thought that not eating would drop my bg. but not so. phew 232 at 1o.10 done nothing ncrease it. taken another with another machine freestyle 233.

Can anyone help me please, what is happening. I am getting very worried.

Thank yiu in advance
A hypo is low blood glucose and a hyper is high blood glucose, hopefully the Dr's will find the cause of your high bg levels, good luck and do keep us informed of your progress.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I'm a bit confused @south711 as your last post just appeared to be replies others sent you?

How's it all going?