an update...ups and downs

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been reading the forum all through the summer but haven't posted for ages so thought I would update you all... This last month has been more up and down since I was diagnosed pre diabetic in November 2013 even including Christmas!

We went to stay with my parents for a week and I avoided the starchy carbs and did well that way but couldn't resist a small piece of cake or two. They then had a party for their golden wedding anniversary and more dessert and cake. I did resist the pavlova though and made myself some raspberries and cream. I tested before and after and before was in the 5's, after 2 hours 7 and 2 1/2 hours back to the 5's. This was the first time I had fallen off the wagon which I was surprised about as before that I hadn't been at all bothered. However the levels weren't drastic so I got a bit blase. I had tortilla wraps (2 as I didn't feel one was enough) last night. Pre level was 5, after 2 hours 10 and 2 1/2 hours 6.8. I won't be doing that again and it has brought me back to reality. Surprisingly my fasting blood sugar this morning was 4.8.

However it hasn't all been bad. For the party I wore my size 8 dress I had bought a few months ago and got so many compliments. Everyone said how much weight I had lost and how much thinner I looked. Previously I would have dreaded such an event as I would have felt so self conscious. This is all thanks to everyone on here so a massive THANK YOU!!

Reactions: 5 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And thank you for sharing that too! Well done on the weight loss and on keeping your BG's stable. It's good to have you posting again. I have missed you:)

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I bet you looked and felt stunning in your size 8 dress.
Well done on the weight loss, and for keeping your BS under control.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice to see you back. Well done on weight loss and keeping tabs on BS. A slip up or treat now and then happen but the skill is getting straight back to the straight and narrow x