not feeling well

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Poor you, you must be exhausted being tired and poorly, then up all night at the hospital and now the GP to face this morning. I so hope they have given you an emergency appointment and that at last you can get some proper care. We are all behind you, and always here to help.

Reactions: 2 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
when i eventually got through, all the appointments had gone, i told the receptionist it was urgent
i am waiting for my gp to phone for a consolltation, and should ring between 12.30 and 1pm
when he rings, i,m going to demand that he sees me

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
last night my BS reading was 31

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Make a list of all the things you need to say to him whilst on the phone ally. Did they ever get that care plan sorted out for you?

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Ally. I hope you manage to get some help. It is hardly surprising you are not feeling well. Take care :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
when i eventually got through, all the appointments had gone, i told the receptionist it was urgent
i am waiting for my gp to phone for a consolltation, and should ring between 12.30 and 1pm
when he rings, i,m going to demand that he sees me

Good girl! You can't go on as you have been.

Had you gone off your eating plan, or were the higher levels completely unexplained? (There's no shame in going off the rials every now and then Ally.)

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
31 !!! That is not acceptable. If your doctor won't do anything then I think you will have to be a regular at A&E until someone takes serious note.

I hope your doctor will start taking this seriously when they phone, like others have said make notes of what you need to tell them, (although looking at the time, you hopefully have already had the phone call and been called in or sent to A&E anyway)

NotSoSweet2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, tv soaps.
Hope you are feeling better real soon Ally!

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
zand, no to the care plan yet, the practice manager said its still in the planning stage to see how many patients want a care plan

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
andbreathe, apart from having a jam doughnut last thursday, my diet has been good

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
well my gp rang, he had heard from the hospital
hay presto, gp gave me an appointment for 4.30 this afternoon and a double appointment

Reactions: 6 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hay presto, gp gave me an appointment for 4.30 this afternoon and a double appointment

I should jolly well think so, too. Make sure you have all your questions written down to take with you, and press for a meter and strips on prescription.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wish you well this afternoon. I hope a plan is put in place for you that will help.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope that something gets sorted. Your medication and care need addressing sooner rather than later as it is not good for you to be running so high and also A and E will not want to see you on a regular basis for an illness that ought to be cared for by other areas of health service. Your GP is.being very remiss to allow this to continue and should be helping you to find the right care plan ASAP, or referring you to the endocrinologist at the hospital.

Last edited by a moderator:

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Ally; can I add my best wishes to those from everyone else?

I'm sure that you are more than capable of fighting your own battles but, if you ever feel like you need some extra support, your local Citizen's Advice Bureau may provide an advocacy service, whereby they will provide someone to accompany you and help to argue your case. It might be worth asking about, particularly if you keep getting fobbed off by your GP Practice and feel that you're banging your head against a brick wall.

Just a thought; keep well.

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glad to hear that your GP is seeing you today, and hopefully the hospital have emphasized how seriously your condition needs treating.

Let us know the outcome, hopefully it will be good.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Ally

Copied direct from nhs website Ally... Your GP HAS to give you a care plan as you are deemed to have a long term condition.....

See below, I suggest you ask for one when you have your appointment today.....

Copied from nhs website:

Everyone with a long-term condition can have a care plan if they want one.
A care plan is an agreement between you and your health professional (and/or social services) to help you manage your health day-to-day. It can be a written document or something recorded in your patient notes.
Everyone who has a long-term condition can take part in making their care plan. It helps to assess what care you need and how it will be provided.
If you think a care plan could help you, talk to your GP, nurse or social worker about the support you need to manage your condition better. Mention things that are important to you and any goals you want to work towards. These can range from losing weight or stopping smoking, to going out more or getting back to work.
Also, try to talk about anything that might be worrying you. For example, some people want to talk about how lonely or anxious they feel.
By talking about your care plan with the GP, nurse or social worker, you can say how you want to manage your health and choose what's best for you. The care plan will be based on what you want, so you're in control.
The care plan is to help you, rather than help the GP and other healthcare workers that look after you. It will cover areas including:
the goals you want to work towards, such as getting out of the house more, returning to work, or starting a hobby
the support services you want, who is in charge of providing these services, what the support services have agreed to do and when they will do it
emergency numbers, such as who you should contact if you become very unwell and your doctor's surgery is closed
medicines
an eating plan
an exercise plan
Make sure you say what’s important to you and that you’re happy with any decisions that are put into the plan. Unless health and social care workers know what you want, they can’t put it in.
Usually your care plan will be printed on paper for you to take home. If you’re not given a paper copy, ask for one. Your care plan may also be stored in your GP practice’s computer system.

Reactions: 6 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Thank goodness for that.

Very well done on sticking with your diet, although I'm sure you must be extremely frustrated.

As others say, please do insist on a meter from your doctor. It doesn't matter if you have a replacement coming from, your doctor really does need to support your testing. How else are you supposed to look after yourself, in the light of recent events?

We both probably know I would always want to keep medication to an absolute minimum, but even I might have to open my mind to insulin, in your circumstances. Something has to happen top bring those numbers down before any damage is done. I'm sure you can't be functioning very well with sugars as high as they have been.

Good luck with it all Ally, and keep us in the loop. I do worry that you will be too worn down to be assertive; although this morning you proved me wrong!