EZEKIAL BREAD.

lucy jordan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've only just heard of this bread and wondered if anybody ate it and if it is better than ordinary bread for type 2 sufferers?.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well Ive just done a google search and found there are 15g of carbohydrate and 80 calories in one serving of Ezekiel bread . In white bread 66 calories and 12.2 g of carbohydrate . Based on this I wouldnt have thought so but this will bring your post back into recent and someone who knows better may see it. :)

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Sounds to unhealthy for me.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Reactions: 3 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Jack. That was a brilliant idea but I wasnt keen on the song. That sounded very country and western for Marianne Faithful. :)

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
While I have not tried it this bread uses sprouted grains so it is a whole grain bread so despite it having more carbs per slice than some other breads it will be much low GI and I suspect may be OK for some diabetics.

I regularly eat whole grain bread as a sandwich for lunch and my bg has always returned to pre meal levels by the 2 hour mark.

The only way to tell if any food is all right to eat is to try it and see its no use taking someone elses word for any food stuff as we are all different and what makes one person spike may have little effect on another.

Try it and test before eating and 2 hours later if your levels are returning close to your pre meal levels then its not a problem for you. It may be that you might find that you can happily eat one slice but not two but thats the reason for testing foods so you can adjust the portion to one that is safe you you.

Reactions: 2 people