Status
Not open for further replies.

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, DiabetesUK,
Not a Scot myself, but as a UK resident of Wales, I'd like a vote in the forthcoming referendum. I hope we stick together, like we do on this forum.:(

uncle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No
It will be horrendous if it is a yes win
As a resident of England I would be a foreigner in this country but I am not able to vote in the decision of my birth country. Will I get dual nationality, will I have to become naturalised to England to remain here.
This Island is one piece, if you divided it a hundred times, it would still be Britain and we would still be stuck together by land, we are literally united, forget about stupid nationalised songs, we are in it together.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i never wanted a yes vote but im getting so cheesed off now i kinda hope there is a yes vote, we have gone through this terrible recession, this could plunge us straight back down the toilet, but the attitude of the scots (and im half scot half welsh by blood) is very distasteful in my opinion, i say build a wall and let scotland stew in its own iron brew

Reactions: 4 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
and why im ranting, *** are we giving up with this nonsense promises if the vote goes to a no? why?

Reactions: 4 people

uncle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry you are showing your non scottish side it's IRN BRU, Iron brew is the cheap supermarket alternative, the one that scots will only be able to afford if they vote yes
Brill quote from a scot I read today,
"Voting No, what will we live on, tartan, irn bru and oche aye the noo"

Reactions: 2 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It amuses my American friends no end, that such a tiny island that could fit twice over in to some states should have such divisions and want " Independence":rolleyes:

i never wanted a yes vote but im getting so cheesed off now i kinda hope there is a yes vote, we have gone through this terrible recession, this could plunge us straight back down the toilet, but the attitude of the scots (and im half scot half welsh by blood) is very distasteful in my opinion, i say build a wall and let scotland stew in its own iron brew

For what it's worth, somewhat south of where I am such a wall was built, it's called "Hadrian's Wall " ;)

Don't blame the Scots collectively, not all are in favour and I suspect the vote will be a no.

Signy

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
really? we dont even get real irn bru? how is that fair? do we get the softy brew? its just upsetting when we are sposed to be friends that they dont want us, i know its not everyone lol im just cheesed off with it :( i feel like ive been spat at

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just think how those of us feel, whose lands are currently bisected by a **** border :rolleyes:

" Whee ! Two steps to the left, I'm in England ! Two steps the right, I'm in Scotland " ooh great fun :D If a yes goes through, both governments are going to have such fun with us . :eek: The Border Rievers live on !

http://www.englandsnortheast.co.uk/BorderReivers.html

Signy

Alasdair

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No
It will be horrendous if it is a yes win
As a resident of England I would be a foreigner in this country but I am not able to vote in the decision of my birth country. Will I get dual nationality, will I have to become naturalised to England to remain here.
This Island is one piece, if you divided it a hundred times, it would still be Britain and we would still be stuck together by land, we are literally united, forget about stupid nationalised songs, we are in it together.
Horrendous? I'm hoping the people of Scotland are brave enough on Thursday to say yes to taking more control over our own future.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
our own? arent we all in this together? life i mean, we are the same peoples, we are interconnected, your cutting off your own bretherin and no one benefits, you think you wont have poor people? and rich folks? you think you have the same old troubles you have now? do you think we are all living in palaces whilst you guys are not? the grass is always greener.

....although your grass is actually greener now i think about it

Reactions: 3 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
have you given a thought about what this could do to both our economies?

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
do you think its right that a scot living in england isnt elligible to vote whilst foreigners living in scotland can? lol its a joke, if you vote yes all the scots in england become foreigners in their own country,lovely

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
im moving to scotland if its a no
Me too, I heard someone promise I get the state pension earlier. Here it Should have been at 60, then, moved to 64, now 66. Long way to go yet, and I bet it won't be there for me at 66 either, if I make it.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
thats the idea lol if we die before we get it alls the better lol

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
same reason they dont want diabetes to get better

uncle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Horrendous? I'm hoping the people of Scotland are brave enough on Thursday to say yes to taking more control over our own future.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

But it isn't your future, it is your children's children and all your descendants who you will never know.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
do you think its right that a scot living in england isnt elligible to vote whilst foreigners living in scotland can? lol its a joke, if you vote yes all the scots in england become foreigners in their own country,lovely

Yup, some snot nosed sixteen year olds, who cannot even spell independence have the right to decide our future.

Cameron really ballsed up this one.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
im hoping for a yes to be honest, the more i think about it, but the ridiculous thing is when it all goes wrong who will bail out scotland? lol nd we will still be hated *shrug* when all this **** with these loonies in the middle east is going on you would think folks would want to be united

uncle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A good point the weather will get better if it's a yes vote, we south of the border won't have the miserable top half of the island weather on TV, and we can get rid of clocks going back and forward, we would run in time with Europe, Scotland will be the only country messing about with that and missing on vital trading

Status
Not open for further replies.