E-1error on Accuchek Mobile

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
New meter out of the box (in storage 2.years), new cassette in date, expiry Dec 2014.

"Cassette defective" error trying to test. Any ideas? I lost my main meter and I am out of strips for the spare. That was my last cassette.

Anyone who says "plan ahead" will be sent to the NUNS!!!

Reactions: 2 people

jazzsaxcat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, I've had one of these for several years and removal of cassette and re-inserting has always cured this for me.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Spiker,

Roche are usually brilliant when you ring them. It wouldn't help you with your immediate issue, but they will replace the faulty cassette, talk you through any troubleshooting, send you the control solution, send you a replacement meter if they think that's faulty (they even sent me a spare when I had a similar issue as they said you should always have a spare - I just felt an idiot for not having one already!) and send you a prepaid envelope for returning the potentially faulty meter. They sent all of this to me immediately and the parcel arrived the next morning.

Hope you got it sorted.

Smidge

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Agree with Smidge that the customer care-line at Roche is second to none.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had the E1 error a lot when I first had the mobile. Eventually it got so bad that I rang Roche. They suggested that I clean the lens with a dry cotton bud which seemed to cure it. Worth a try.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had the E1 error a lot when I first had the mobile. Eventually it got so bad that I rang Roche. They suggested that I clean the lens with a dry cotton bud which seemed to cure it. Worth a try.
Hmm, like you have to do from time to time with the AccuChek Compact Plus. Maybe it's gotten dusty in storage even though it was sealed inside its package. Otherwise I will call Roche to replace the meter - I've put 3 cassettes through it now with the same error message, one from a batch that was working fine on the other meter and two from a new batch.

Thanks all.