Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
B: ginger tea. cheesy omelette

L: leftover pork kebabs and prawn cocktail, salad, mayo and avocado. Strawberry jelly and cream.

T: Roasted med veg, grated cheese and yoghurt. Bar of aldi 85% dark choc

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Deb, I make a chicken and chorizo and chickpea stew and it is delicious and filling. You can sub cannelleni beans for the chickpeas and I think that you could have pork instead of chicken as well. I saute an onion in olive oil with couple cloves garlic, add diced chorizo - a good handful per 2 people( i usually use 4 small or 1 ring for 4 portions) and let oil run out and colour onions. Add 3 diced chicken breasts and brown, throw in a couple of red peppers chopped and a dollop of sun dried tomato paste and a tin of chopped toms. Add 1 heaped tsp paprika( smoked if you like it), simmer - aboiut ten mins before serving add beans and heat through. I serve with green veg. You could just make the tomatoey bit and serve with poached white fish on top too.
Or make a fake paella with cauli rice, chicken and a few prawns and the chorizo? You could make a tomato and lentil soup and serve with fried slices on top? They would also freeze I think so no need to use at once.

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
breakfast bacon, 1 egg scrambled
lunch egg and tomato mayo salad with slice ham and cheese
dinner leftover chicken and chorizo stew , broccoli, asparagus and green beans
strawbs and yogurt maybe later.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon scram eggs coffee
Salami and Brie salad
Cream with square of melted choc and chopped roasted hazelnuts
Tea
Courgetti in creamy cheese sauce, chorizo chopped up in it.
Water

Made the girls cinnamon mug cake and there's a bit left so I may have that later or half a pack of pork crackling (weaning myself off them!)

You could do a Paella style thing, with cauli rice, if you're off the real stuff? Clearly there's no need for the long cooking time, with cauli rice, so a bit of adjustment of fluids and timings required, but you'd get all the flavour.

Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So, Diabetic Miracle Day 4:

And I have to say this is amazing.

Cheese and bacon for breakfast (5.3 at 2 hrs)
Coleslaw, mozzarella, sundried tommies and pork scratchings for lunch (5.3 at 2 hrs! :woot:)
Trialled an experimental peanut 9bar mid afternoon
5.3 at first bite.
6.0 at 30 mins
5.8 at 45 mins and again at 1 hr
5.1 at 2 hr after a gentle dog trundle.
So peanut 9bars are back on the menu... :smug:
Dinner was beef stew, sugarsnaps and green beans with blueberries and cream (not yet tested) but I'm expecting under 6.5 at 2 hours.
Will have peanut butter at bedtime.

And I feel GREAT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 people

alliebee

@Brunneria. Where do you get the peanut9 bars please. They sound lovely...I am watching out for your Miricle posts. It seems such a sensible idea. Giving your pancreas a rest. Then introducing carbs slowly. And your readings are great! Well done...shall watch your progress intently :). I mean anyone who loves pulled pork is ok by me!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Brunneria. Where do you get the peanut9 bars please. They sound lovely...I am watching out for your Miricle posts. It seems such a sensible idea. Giving your pancreas a rest. Then introducing carbs slowly. And your readings are great! Well done...shall watch your progress intently :). I mean anyone who loves pulled pork is ok by me!
Thank you!

I must say that I am stunned by how good my readings have been - and so quickly. Way better than I was expecting, and easier too.

I've seen peanut 9 bars in tescos, holland and barratt, Amazon and Asda. But Asda have them cheaper than any of the others! ;)

The diabetes miracle book is by Diane Kress (a type 2 low carbing dietician - yes, incredibly one does exist!) and it was @Randburg who introduced me to it. So far, it's proving to be a fantastic find!

Reactions: 5 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Not been posting for few days as eating the same stuff, HBA1c in the morning, better be down!!

Well done and good luck @Brunneria on your new regime :)

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks guys!

I'll try the chicken casserole first then omelette and then scallops. - l adore scallops!!

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you!

The diabetes miracle book is by Diane Kress (a type 2 low carbing dietician - yes, incredibly one does exist!) and it was @Randburg who introduced me to it. So far, it's proving to be a fantastic find!

Guess what, I'm off to buy the Miracle book!

Brunneria, I enjoy reading your successes and it gives me a lot of inspiration for different ideas to tackle my own diet, thanks and well done!

Reactions: 5 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

alliebee

Me too. That books sounds great...

B..2 poached eggs and a small kipper

L early as I have to go out..not very hungry so just a slice of ham and some brie cheese

Dinner. I plan. Chicken in a lemon garlic and herb philly sauce with spinach and some cauli

Not bad on the carb intake at all

Finally in ketosis. Yay! And feeling good

Reactions: 4 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Well back from docs and very pleased with my latest results, but I think I can push them to be better, and hopefully reduce my medication even more.
I have stopped morning insulin, have reduced my Metformin from 4 x 500mg to now be 2 a day, and reduced my nightime insulin, ideally would like to stop insulin and up the Metformin again, anyways these are my last two results

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1410963566.240673.jpg
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1410963581.623129.jpg

Just need to work on my waist circumference :)

Reactions: 9 people
Status
Not open for further replies.