Would I be mad to do this?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I actually had few chips at lunch time today (150g oven chips) one spam fritter and 100g of frozen peas. Bg was 4.7 before. At 60 mins was 9.7, 75 mins 11.2, 90 mins 11.6, 120 mins 10.4, 180 mins 4.7. will not be eating that again. I have no idea why it went so high.

Did you total the carbs in that? A 60 minute rise of 5 is quite a jump.

At what point does your liver dump kick in, and do you have any idea where your liver dump pushes you up to? If you were unlucky enough with your 4.7 to be on the cusp of a liver dump as you ate?

Reactions: 2 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
erm..... why are you eating pasta and potatoes? i thought you were T2 diabetic? you do know that carbohydrates in pasta and potatoes are effectively sugar right? in my limited opinion, either worry about what you eat and try to control your diabetes by eating more diabetic friendly things or dont!, eat the **** chips, it either matters or it dosent

this is too difficult two

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you total the carbs in that? A 60 minute rise of 5 is quite a jump.

At what point does your liver dump kick in, and do you have any idea where your liver dump pushes you up to? If you were unlucky enough with your 4.7 to be on the cusp of a liver dump as you ate?
I don't usually dump at 4.7 I can hang about there for hours. the carb count would have been very high for me but the BG was extremely high.

Adele99

I don't actually like chips, never have done, even when a child. But my husband likes them occasionally. For all the calorie counters out there, we bought one of these air fryers which according to the other half makes decent tasty chips with just a tablespoon of oil. Sometimes Currys sell them on offer at half price.

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
You lot make me very jealous going on about chips! Are you sure that this isn't a wind up?

Isn't this supposed to be about alternatives to chips?

Here I am posting about chips with a salad in front of me. Have you no respect?

Why do I have write chips in every sentence?

The problem is mate, when the chips are down, you tend to go all in with your chips, you could be short stack (with the chips) or chip leader. Anyway you sound quite chipper to be honest, like a chip off the old block. Sorry I keep chipping in but I chipped a tooth the other day.
Anyway I'm off to watch a film, "Goodbye Mr Chips" should do it, I think it's set in Chipping Sodbury.........

Reactions: 4 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The problem is mate, when the chips are down, you tend to go all in with your chips, you could be short stack (with the chips) or chip leader. Anyway you sound quite chipper to be honest, like a chip off the old block. Sorry I keep chipping in but I chipped a tooth the other day.
Anyway I'm off to watch a film, "Goodbye Mr Chips" should do it, I think it's set in Chipping Sodbury.........
It's good to see you chipping in with some posts! Marvellous!

Reactions: 4 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I am T2, on tabs and insulin. I get so fed up with choosing food and trying to find something tasty. I am sick to death of pasta and potatoes. I yearn for some chips, proper ones, like the ones I used to do in a chip pan. Would it be totally mad to buy a chip pan for the occasional treat?
I think the occasional treat keeps us all sane! HOWEVER it's easy to go off the rails because the more carbs you eat, the more you want them:(:(:(
What about a nice steak and salad, fish with Mediterranean vegetables, panfried salmon with broccoli and a hollandaise sauce, chicken in a brandy, tarragon and cream sauce with veg, a mushroom omelette, crustless quiche (a helluva lot quicker to make without the faff of pastry) the list is endless!
I wouldn't buy the chip pan and I'd get a portion from the chip shop. And I'd take a small handful and give the rest away or put them straight in the bin. Good luck!

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
I would go to the Dr, you might be a diabetic :bag:
I will pay that one! You're gonna have to change that avator, I'm finding it very disconcerting. You'd better watch out for any new fellas on the forum :woot:

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
Or Soddin' Chipbury

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I will pay that one! You're gonna have to change that avator, I'm finding it very disconcerting. You'd better watch out for any new fellas on the forum :woot:
You mean my 'soon to be misses' that I got off of a spammer here...I just have to send the airfare money to her. C/o russianscams'R'us