Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I agree with AndBreathe, I would ditch those tubs for your own peace of mind if nothing else. We have the same sort of hols as you - rented cottage in different parts of the UK. They have a stress of their own for us. Strange place, driving on strange roads, deciding where are we going, trying to please both of us, no phone signals, and so on. Nice sort of stress, but none the less it can raise the adrenalin. Also, you must have your imminent trip to Australia in the back of your mind. Relax, enjoy the rest of your holiday, and perhaps put your meter away for a few days! You know you are eating properly. The rest is out of your control.

Lol yes I recognise all of that! I fully intend to open the new tub as soon as I get home (ordered at the weekend so should be waiting for me).

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 going to bed
5.2 this morning

My total averages have dropped noticeably in September, especially my post prandials. No change to routine, and a few bits and bobs added back to my food for weight maintenance. Fingers crossed the insulin resistance is improving. If I were still on 3 monthly checks, my HbA1c would be due this week. As it is, I have to wait till December. I may ask for an interim one but haven't got a valid reason so not holding my breath.

Reactions: 3 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 going to bed
5.2 this morning

My total averages have dropped noticeably in September, especially my post prandials. No change to routine, and a few bits and bobs added back to my food for weight maintenance. Fingers crossed the insulin resistance is improving. If I were still on 3 monthly checks, my HbA1c would be due this week. As it is, I have to wait till December. I may ask for an interim one but haven't got a valid reason so not holding my breath.

I think you have a reason, which might, or might not be considered valid.

You have reached your target weight, then changed your diet in order to maintain, and you feel concerned things could go adrift in a further 3 months. Why not ask for an HbA1c? I only asked for the specific test, but the quack suggested if I was having blood drawn, it would make sense to get maximum info. I think she's showing potential. ;) :)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you have a reason, which might, or might not be considered valid.

You have reached your target weight, then changed your diet in order to maintain, and you feel concerned things could go adrift in a further 3 months. Why not ask for an HbA1c? I only asked for the specific test, but the quack suggested if I was having blood drawn, it would make sense to get maximum info. I think she's showing potential. ;) :)

:D Yes, thanks. I will ring and ask. They can only say no.

Paulabetts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
meat selfish people slugs and snails
8.2 this morning after sleeping pills last night has roast spuds last night instead of salad maybe the dawn fairy had something to work against

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Fat based? unsure what food that entails as try keep away from fat foods

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fat based? unsure what food that entails as try keep away from fat foods

A piece of cheese or a small handful of nuts. Personally, I never eat after my evening meal, and only drink water. TBH it is far better to eliminate suppers altogether. Do you get hungry eating low carb, or are you not eating low carb?

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 - using up the few strips that came with my second meter which are somewhere in between the old strips and the new ones in readings so I'll go along with it. Started new batch and they seem to be ok. Certainly I was at 5 after dinner which is lower than I had been getting- so 4.9 before eating and 5 after 2 hrs ( with 10 minutes peddling.)

Reactions: 5 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 before dinner
4.7 after dinner but I did after just 1.5 hrs yesterday
5.1 fasting

Reactions: 4 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.0 for me this morning.

Just about to grab some brekkers, then off to a meeting this morning, and having my hair cut this afternoon. I'm really looking forward to my haircut. I'll feel so much cleaner and tidier. Isn't it odd how it can be fine, then one morning we get up and there's something catastrophic happening on the top of our heads?

I'd best go, or I'll be bolting my food.

Have a great day everyone. :)

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
4.7 this morning obviously interrupted sleep lowers BG, lol

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
A piece of cheese or a small handful of nuts. Personally, I never eat after my evening meal, and only drink water. TBH it is far better to eliminate suppers altogether. Do you get hungry eating low carb, or are you not eating low carb?

I actually had a handfull of nuts last night and a bowl of sugar free jelly ...must admit never had that for supper before and yes always had supper but did not have breakfast untill i started with the Diabetes, now I eat breakfast with out fail....but get peckish around 8pm...yes am eating some low carb foods but do have a small patotoe with my dinner and two slices of very thin wholemeal bread per day.
levels this am 6.4 woohooo

Reactions: 3 people

alliebee

I'm going to set my alarm for 3.30 am tonight and get an idea what is happening with these morning dumps. Have been under 30g of carb well over a week now. Surely my liver doesn't have that many glycogen stores left ??

Reactions: 5 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.4 after keeping in the 6's all day after the fasting one , and going to bed on 6.4. Grrr!

I'm going to try Patsy's nuts and sugar-free jelly at bedtime if I can remember. I'm not usually thinking food at that time of the day ...;)

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm going to set my alarm for 3.30 am tonight and get an idea what is happening with these morning dumps. Have been under 30g of carb well over a week now. Surely my liver doesn't have that many glycogen stores left ??

Good idea. I checked mine last night when I had a little wander to the bathroom at 3 am and I was 6.6, but rose to 7.4 without any coaxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.