**shell**

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Insects, ignorance, horror films.
Hi all,
Just started my pump therapy yesterday and I was planning on staying alcohol free for a couple of weeks but naturally that's not happening.
I'm out for a catch up with a friend on Friday and we always end up consuming a bottle of rose each. My DAFNE course tells me to not inject and just keep an eye on results (I'm having my tea before I go out so won't be eating). That rule applied when I was injecting, does the same rule apply still with a pump?
Any help/advice would be fab. X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yup same for the pump. If you drink a lot then ensure you have a snack before going to bed etc!

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
yeah, all the same.............

I think rose is definitely carb free although some of the sweeter versions may have small amounts...........

if you can check your BG mid night that would be useful to see the effect............

as usual alcohol will drop you blood sugar as your drinking it and hours after.......so have an uncovered snack before bed initially, but with the pump, you can stick on a temp basal rate overnight that can accommodate for the loss of liver glucose........

when your a bit more confident maybe..........:)

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Hi all,
Just started my pump therapy yesterday and I was planning on staying alcohol free for a couple of weeks but naturally that's not happening.
I'm out for a catch up with a friend on Friday and we always end up consuming a bottle of rose each. My DAFNE course tells me to not inject and just keep an eye on results (I'm having my tea before I go out so won't be eating). That rule applied when I was injecting, does the same rule apply still with a pump?
Any help/advice would be fab. X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
As you have just started on the pump and your basals are not correct yet, then in my opinion it would be a bit silly to risk drinking. Is it difficult to enjoy yourself without alcohol? :p

Reactions: 2 people