Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alliebee

I coudnt believe I was 11 on waking??? Where the hell did that come from. Ate v low carb yesterday.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm going to set my alarm for 3.30 am tonight and get an idea what is happening with these morning dumps. Have been under 30g of carb well over a week now. Surely my liver doesn't have that many glycogen stores left ??

Allie - if I go that low on carbs, my numbers are worse than when I eat a few more. It's like my body is fighting hard to look after me. My absolute minimum, to return my best bloods, is about 50g. (I haven't re-checked that figure for a while, so should really.)

alliebee

@ndbreathe. Thankyou. I will try that then. Never condidered more carbs. Shall up them slowly and see if my morning readings improve. 50gm is still lowish

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
5 this morning.
I was expecting it to be higher, after a disturbed night panicking I won't have all the little jobs finished for tomorrow.

Reactions: 2 people

Paulabetts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
meat selfish people slugs and snails
8.4 again so its getting lower but maybe if all you eat all day is 2 bananas and some baked beans dump fairies start leaving home

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning which I'm happy with. Hoping to see a sustained lower level on this new batch of strips.

Reactions: 4 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.4 again so its getting lower but maybe if all you eat all day is 2 bananas and some baked beans dump fairies start leaving home

Errrm, I'm not sure I can "like" this. Those food choices are rather extreme and I would imagine could be counter-productive. I hope you'll get some good advice and suggestions from others shortly.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I don't imagine it was just the dump fairies playing havoc, I think the bananas and baked beans will have had something to do with it! :(

Reactions: 5 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit of a blip today. No apparent reasons.

Yesterday my highest "before" was 5.2, my highest "after" was 6.8 at lunch time.
Went to bed on 5.5
Woke up on 5.8 :banghead:

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
CHUCKLES .....would some one please explain to me why in a morning the levels are so high after fasting.. what is this liver dump???

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
OMG Baked beans I love but they push my levels right up also love a nana sarny and can't have at night no more sighs

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning after going to bed on 4.9 Delayed reaction to my late night snack?.......hmmmm

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Arghgghhhhhhh!!!

I was really stressed last night after a two hour bedtime.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ndbreathe. Thankyou. I will try that then. Never condidered more carbs. Shall up them slowly and see if my morning readings improve. 50gm is still lowish

Allie - I found minimum 50g only because I sometimes found my numbers were less good than I might have expected, I when I knew I had hardly eaten any carbs. Using my food diary helped me get to the 50g.

It might just be useful to explore a bit.

alliebee

I've been on v low carbs a week and a half after coming back to the forum and finally taking myself in hand...think I may start to introduce a few carbs in every week till I find my level where I can still lose weight. I have approx two stones to lose. Not an enormous amount but still needs to go...thankyou for this :)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you have a reason, which might, or might not be considered valid.

You have reached your target weight, then changed your diet in order to maintain, and you feel concerned things could go adrift in a further 3 months. Why not ask for an HbA1c? I only asked for the specific test, but the quack suggested if I was having blood drawn, it would make sense to get maximum info. I think she's showing potential. ;) :)

I rang and spoke to my lovely nurse. She made me promise not to tell a soul as she is not allowed to do this, but she has arranged for me to have an HbA1c test and also full lipids next week rather than keep me in suspenders for the next 3 months. I called her my angel and promised to keep it zipped. The downside is she also booked me in for my flu jab straight after the blood test! Happy bunny. :)

Reactions: 5 people

Paulabetts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
meat selfish people slugs and snails
beans and bananas are not my usual diet peeps its usually home made yogurt and salads loads of weight to lose. But yesterday I had a day off work and had a banana for breakfast instead of yogurt. and didn't want lunch but had to take meds so had another nana. Didn't really want to eat last night so heated some beans and shared with Sam the parrot

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I rang and spoke to my lovely nurse. She made me promise not to tell a soul as she is not allowed to do this, but she has arranged for me to have an HbA1c test and also full lipids next week rather than keep me in suspenders for the next 3 months. I called her my angel and promised to keep it zipped. The downside is she also booked me in for my flu jab straight after the blood test! Happy bunny. :)

I dunno, just to get first crack at a <40 mutter mutter ;)

Seriously though, well done and fingers crossed! I've got my next tests now on 6 October after getting back from Oz.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.