yoghurt

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am gutted...I am going to have to stop eating yoghurt.

I have been taking omeprasole for ages and decided it was time to stop. I found that when I wasn't taking it my breathing was affected due to the acid reflux. Over the summer holidays I wasn't eating yoghurt and found my acid reflux and breathing much better. I thought I would give the yoghurt another go and the acid reflux is back. So I am going to have to stop. I eat alot of yoghurt and berries as a snack and an early lunch before I go to work and really enjoy it. Will have to find a replacement:(

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Are you sure it isn't coincidence?
Make sure before you give it up.
I'm not to sure the best way to go about it.

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree that soy yog is good.
And you can try goats or sheepskin yog too. Goats is usually easier to find than sheep's.
Or you can make your own, using any of these milks.
Homemade yog is delicious, and very easy (youtube videos and suchlike will show you how.
And @Opalshards had a thread on it. I've lost the link, but she may be able to find it for you...

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And you can try goats or sheepskin yog too. Goats is usually easier to find than sheep's.
Homemade yog is delicious, and very easy (youtube videos and suchlike will show you how.
And @Opalshards had a thread on it. I've lost the link, but she may be able to find it for you...

Sheepskin? Blimey.

Reactions: 4 people

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your replies.

Jack it could be coincidence but I have tried stopping and starting a couple of times and it s the only thing I have changed

Ewelina I will have a look at soy

Brunneria I will have a look at goats but may give the sheepskin a miss :)

Andbreathe yes I eat other dairy - butter, cream, cheese and a tiny bit of milk in my tea - and this all seems fine

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Anta

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The best yoghurt is the homemade one - I usually make it with the help of our multi cooker ( we've got redmond m10) - there is always great possibility to change the recipe the way u want

North_West

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Diet only
The best yoghurt is the homemade one - I usually make it with the help of our multi cooker ( we've got redmond m10) - there is always great possibility to change the recipe the way u want

Hi, just a question. Where did you buy your multi-cooker? I have heard about this device from my friends, but could not find it yet. Can you gimme a link or some hints where they sell it? Thank you.

anteater2012

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
People who don't listen to others i.e. the 8 members of this forum I have put on ignore as they talk such utter **** all the time. This now includes the member who thinks they are a moderator.

Anta

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi, just a question. Where did you buy your multi-cooker? I have heard about this device from my friends, but could not find it yet. Can you gimme a link or some hints where they sell it? Thank you.
they've got an offficial Redmond website in uk
I got it in about 5 days or so

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lakeland also sell multicookers, although I don't know if they stock Redmond.

Lakeland also do a fabulous money back guarantee. If you're not satisfied at any time, you get your money back. I always use them, if they have stock what I'm looking for and they're not outrageously uncompetitive cost-wise.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh boy. The yoghurt I made last Sunday gets better and better. I made it with Channel Islands milk, so it's incredibly rick, but so delicious. I just made it in a Pyrex, clip-lock dish. Every morning I come to dish up my breakfast more whey has released itself. I concentrate on the curd element, but I can't for the life of me decide if the carb content is in the curd or whey. Either way, I'm happy with it, and will make more, on Monday.

Mmmmmmmmmm. :hungry:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh boy. The yoghurt I made last Sunday gets better and better. I made it with Channel Islands milk, so it's incredibly rick, but so delicious. I just made it in a Pyrex, clip-lock dish. Every morning I come to dish up my breakfast more whey has released itself. I concentrate on the curd element, but I can't for the life of me decide if the carb content is in the curd or whey. Either way, I'm happy with it, and will make more, on Monday.

Mmmmmmmmmm. :hungry:

I am sooo jealous. The last time I had yog (Fage Total Greek) and berries, I was shocked to get carb cravings within 2 hours. :spitoutdummy: So I steer clear now. :sorry:

I think removing the whey also removes a lot of the carbs.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am sooo jealous. The last time I had yog (Fage Total Greek) and berries, I was shocked to get carb cravings within 2 hours. :spitoutdummy: So I steer clear now. :sorry:

I think removing the whey also removes a lot of the carbs.

I've never had carb cravings with it, although unless I add "stuff" to it, I do get hungry before lunch. Current "stuff" is a dessert spoon of bran, plus 2 dessert spoons of stewed rhubarb. Unfortunately, the current shp bought rhubard needs a little sweetener. But, it's delicious.

It would be an added bonus of the whey was the carby bit, but either way, I'm noticing no impact.

I thought you were an Easiyo advocate? (Obviously that doesn't mean it doesn't hit the spot.)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought you were an Easiyo advocate?

I am. I was. And will be again.
Easiyo is fab.
I'm just doing this super low carb thingy at the moment. So yog is temporarily off the menu.
But when I reintroduce it, it will be after meals, as snacks, with added cream I think. Certainly to start with.