Anti-depressants

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Spiker thanks. I am fully expecting withdrawal symptoms, if anything has the slightest possibility of causing withdrawal problems I usually get them! But I'll have to deal with them when they happen, I do need that life jacket.:)

Reactions: 3 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know about that, I'm not aware you've been wrong before, but trust me you are this time:)

Are we still friends?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Had all of citiloprams, dulox, amitryp, but not OP's. Since taking max dosage of vit d and also vit k. Completely off all meds except insulin for 2 years now. I really put it down to the vit d.

Reactions: 2 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Had all of citiloprams, dulox, amitryp, but not OP's. Since taking max dosage of vit d and also vit k. Completely off all meds except insulin for 2 years now. I really put it down to the vit d.
Very intriguing.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Initially max vit d tablets for 6 months as was Sept 2012 when started them and winter was closing in and I had a 6 month project on new hoyse to restore.
Nowasays if I am outdoors working all day I take 3 x mcg tablets plus 1 multivitamin. If I'm indoors (still painting house but rebuilding done!) then I bump up to 4 tabs plus multi vit.

I have never been so chirpy and bright. Plus fact my mum and gran both hospitalised for mental illness and ect's given. So I think I have been genetically predisposed to depression as well. My mum has now finally (in last two month) started taking 3 a day as she rarely goes outside. Her good mood levels have definitely risen. She got given advice previously to take vit d and forgot as she is early dementia. Now her partner makes sure she takes everyday. There is a big noticeable difference to her when talking to her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I take Healthspans super strength vit d. I also take their vit k2 to go with them-1 tablet.
Hubby takes too as he manages a warehouse and gets limited sunshine. His mood lifted too, but I took that to be from getting out of the pressure from managing another warehouse and having been told by a counsellor some home truths. However, it may not be all the stress and hometruths as he too for first time in years has been so chirpy its like having a new hubby!!
I like healthspan products though, although they are more expensive than other places.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
to make sure you aren't taking too many, they can add a vitim d reading on your next blood test, might as well do iron and viti b group too

iHs

I would recommend diabetics asking their GP or hospital consultant to do a vitamin D test first before taking vit d3 capsules. Its easy to get done. I was deficient last year a tiny bit so had a vit D injection done by GP and then 6 months later I should have had another test done but didnt bother. Instead I bought some D3 2000iu and took one 3 per week. I asked my consultant to do a test 2 months ago and the results came back raised so I now dont take them but will ask GP to do another test about Jan 2015. Did I feel ill whilst taking d3 and getting raised level.......well no, I just felt normal. Too much D3 is just as bad as not having enough. D3 is not 'a happy pill' and most people who go out in the sunshine every day (I didnt) should not be deficient, so best to get a vit D test done first.

Reactions: 2 people