Status
Not open for further replies.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Each local counting place can have re-counts. What can't have a re-count is the total vote. Or at least that was what was said on telly last night.

OK I must pay more attention :oops:

Reactions: 2 people

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In a local café recently I asked for a black coffee. The waiter asked whether I wanted milk or cream. He was Scottish by the way. Lol ;)

We're all doomed!

Volunteers to let me live with them if it goes to a yes?!

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
******** to the poll tax!!! Are we going to pay?-No ******* way!!!..." Sorry folks but I don't care either way TBH-the people will do what the people want no matter what I believe.

Edited for Inappropriate language

Last edited by a moderator:

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I
@JACKTHELAD The Welsh first Minster said, "Britain's nuclear armed submarines would be “more than welcome” in Wales if they were kicked out of Scotland." Also the Bank of England was co-founded by a Scotsman, so I am sure a new Scotsman can come up with a good alternative.
However you could be so right as the 3 main parties for once team up and go beaming up to Scotland to hold onto their large income resource.:):)
Time I went back to my normal self, where is my BG meter.:happy:
I can't think of any huge underground cavernous James Bond style places where a sub can go park inside the mountains ..... with all the electronics and defences and and and all the other satellite stuff and things I can't begin to imagine ... anywhere in Wales!
Under Llandudno pier maybe?

Reactions: 4 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Then there's a very very serious problem with nuclear submarines.

Yes, what are they for? Think what good you could do with all that money.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I

I can't think of any huge underground cavernous James Bond style places where a sub can go park inside the mountains ..... with all the electronics and defences and and and all the other satellite stuff and things I can't begin to imagine ... anywhere in Wales!
Under Llandudno pier maybe?
Relocating the Trident base to another port could cost at least £20bn in Milford Haven in Pembrokeshire. " It wasn't my idea "

Nevermind James Bond how about Danger Man going to Portmeirion where "the prisoner" a british former secret agent who is abducted and held prisoner in a mysterious coastal village resort where his captors try to find out why he abruptly resigned from his job.( he let the cat out the bag about Trident going to Wales in 2020 )
Mind you these tv shows might be before @JACKTHELAD s time.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Oi! I have holidays at Portmeirion, don't want nuclear subs there thank you! ;)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Alex Salmond is giving his final speech live on Sky News now, giving Westminster what for which seems to be going down well with the YES supporters, really difficult to say how the vote is going to go, too close to call.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Relocating the Trident base to another port could cost at least £20bn in Milford Haven in Pembrokeshire. " It wasn't my idea "

Nevermind James Bond how about Danger Man going to Portmeirion where "the prisoner" a british former secret agent who is abducted and held prisoner in a mysterious coastal village resort where his captors try to find out why he abruptly resigned from his job.( he let the cat out the bag about Trident going to Wales in 2020 )
Mind you these tv shows might be before @JACKTHELAD s time.
I remember the show and I know the place well.

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Stupid question, but is the result announced on Friday or a later date?

They reckon there will be a strong idea by 1-3 am with a definite result by 6:30am-7:30am, pending any recounts until they get the vote King Alex has ordered.

Reactions: 3 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A Yes vote will affect us all, and possibly very badly. It is a travesty that only a small minority of UK people are eligible to vote on such a serious matter.

Reactions: 3 people

Weens12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oi! I have holidays at Portmeirion, don't want nuclear subs there thank you! ;)
But it's ok to have them less than 30 miles from where I live - the largest city in Scotland?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Well today is deciding day... After hearing Jeremy Vine everyday whittling on I'll be glad when the announcement comes tomorrow.

Personally after all our heads of govt headed north I wouldn't blame any Scot that had been undecided to vote yes!!

It has become a divided kingdom since Wales and Scotland got more powers.. I feel left out as an English person that our residents don't all get free scripts like Wales and Scotland. If it is a yes I wonder if they will lower the tax on drambuie??

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well today is deciding day... After hearing Jeremy Vine everyday whittling on I'll be glad when the announcement comes tomorrow.

Personally after all our heads of govt headed north I wouldn't blame any Scot that had been undecided to vote yes!!

It has become a divided kingdom since Wales and Scotland got more powers.. I feel left out as an English person that our residents don't all get free scripts like Wales and Scotland. If it is a yes I wonder if they will lower the tax on drambuie??
This is so true.
To be told you cannot use a English bus pass in Wales or Scotland and vice-versa says it all.
Again @noblehead's wisdom is correct "Hope common sense prevails " but maybe a little to late.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
ok i have sharpened my spear and I'm heading north to raise an army and take over scotland, our aim is to make it part of england again, if on the other hand they vote no we will go to alton towers

Reactions: 10 people

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice to see the good and pleasant comments from everyone on this thread "DiabetesUK" unlike some of the nasty ones we have to endure from a few odd threads that sometimes pop up.
images
images
images
images

Reactions: 7 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Whatever the outcome, I hope all the politicians from all sides sit down round a table and work out strategies and policies that are best for everyone, be they in Scotland, England, Wales or N. Ireland.

Reactions: 5 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Whatever the outcome, I hope all the politicians from all sides sit down round a table and work out strategies and policies that are best for everyone, be they in Scotland, England, Wales or N. Ireland.
And that all the non-politicians can see through the rhetoric and have no bitterness towards each other. We need to remember we all live on this island and look out for each other.

Reactions: 4 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Unfortunately, if Scotland votes NO. then we will be in for more of the "try it first in Scotland" before it is rolled out in England/Wales/N.I.(remember poll tax !)

Status
Not open for further replies.