Room 101 (like the TV prog)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dare I make an assumption that the person who nominate the weather should already be on the way to 101, for attempting to start a conversation about weather?

They'll never notice if I keep quiet. And anyway, they'll never recognise me having had my hair cut. :cool::cool::cool::cool::D:D:D:D

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Who did it? We'll get them! (I'm sure it looks great really)

The young, trendy man who washed my hair declared I look just like Jamie Lee Curtis. My immediate reaction (in my head) was,.........., "But, she's getting on a bit!!"

Having returned home, I Googled Ms Curtis and she's younger than me!!!! Only two years, but younger nonetheless. Having had the added colour cut and grown out over my trip, I had decided to "enjoy the silver threads", I may now reconsider.

C

chris lowe

The young, trendy man who washed my hair declared I look just like Jamie Lee Curtis. My immediate reaction (in my head) was,.........., "But, she's getting on a bit!!"

Having returned home, I Googled Ms Curtis and she's younger than me!!!! Only two years, but younger nonetheless. Having had the added colour cut and grown out over my trip, I had decided to "enjoy the silver threads", I may now reconsider.

I really LOVE Jamie Lee Curtis' hair! I've tried to get mine like it but it goes against the way my hair grows so I just have it cut short and spiky and gel it a bit (and I'm grey and proud)

Reactions: 2 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I really LOVE Jamie Lee Curtis' hair! I've tried to get mine like it but it goes against the way my hair grows so I just have it cut short and spiky and gel it a bit (and I'm grey and proud)[

I used to pay a fortune for grey streaks and was so glad when they came free, now I'm enjoying the white, spikes and all

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would put in 101 the hairdressers who don't listen to what you want, and go and cut your hair in the style they use for everyone.
Also, the two hairdressers one of whom cut through a gold chain on my neck, the other who cut a mole on my neck with her sharp scissors.

Thankfully that was a long time ago, and I have a brilliant hairdresser now.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a deal with my hairdresser. He can do what he likes, provided he doesn't make me cry.

It seems to work, although I have had a few surprises along the way !!

Reactions: 4 people

MrsB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a deal with my hairdresser. He can do what he likes, provided he doesn't make me cry.

It seems to work, although I have had a few surprises along the way !!
I do the same. I'm absolutely not a girly girl so I need low maintenance hair. I just tell her she can do whatever as long as I can still tuck the front behind my ears! She is also my sister in law so she has to do a good job or she'll have to put up with me moaning every time we get together :D

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Looks green in your avatar!

Mmmmm well had to go back to natural colour for driving licence photo, am planning to go green again after new photo taken, rotten DVLA didn't appreciate my pretty piccy

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mmmmm well had to go back to natural colour for driving licence photo, am planning to go green again after new photo taken, rotten DVLA didn't appreciate my pretty piccy

DVLA miscreants that need a lesson in 101? Or with MiLs then?

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
Here's a list of things I've done wrong today -

Walked the dog
Some shopping
Washed and dried the bed linen
Re-made the bed
Chewed a mint humbug (apparently they must be sucked)
Cooked dinner
Made tomorrow's lunch for Mrs and Miss semiphonic
All of the housework

This list isn't exhaustive, but would it be ok to suggest that PMT goes into Room 101? Imagine the fun the MiLs would have with that.....

MrsB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Walked the dog
Some shopping
Re-made the bed
Cooked dinner
All of the housework

This list isn't exhaustive, but would it be ok to suggest that PMT goes into Room 101? Imagine the fun the MiLs would have with that.....
Did u really want an answer on this from a bunch of women?

I would run for cover now if I were you. But, based on your post, you probably wouldn't do it properly lol ;)

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
DVLA miscreants that need a lesson in 101? Or with MiLs then?

Deffo the MILs, serve them right, and the boring old farts for good measure, I mean how can they not appreciate my beautiful green locks.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Walked the dog
Some shopping
Re-made the bed
Cooked dinner
All of the housework

I have given this much thought. I suggest the following:
PMT, should definitely go in. As long as it is the real devastating uncomfortable, full version that causes those awful symptoms, ( bloating, headache migraine, etc etc).
What should accompany the PMT is the blokes who, every time they have been so bloody irritating and done something really flaming annoying to pee off their Mrs instead of trying to consider their own fault, take the easy option of using that old cliche, "oh it must be that time of the month". Or even worse, "is it the menopause?"

Reactions: 3 people