Sporty Forty.e t

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A busy day.
20 minutes using the vacuum cleaner, another 10 polishing shelves.

Out to the pool, 12 mins fast swim, 45 minutes hard workout aquafit. In the water worked so hard my pool socks flew off, so spent another 5 mins trying to retrieve them from the poll bottom.

Not sure if it counts, but did some sewing this evening for 2 hours. Ok, not a sport, but it was exercising my fingers, all hand sewing. Maintaining and improving manual dexterity and fine motor control.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Are you thinking of buying a cottage?
Warkworth is lovely but expensive. Next time you are there you MUST go into the shop thar sells scarfs etc. The things they sell are lovely but the thing that makes it is the customer service , it is fantastic.

I wish! No, just for holiday rental.

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
...think I more than did my bit yesterday walking round Hastings as we didn't get back till 7!

Not been there for a while, prefer the old part with the black fishermen's net huts and the outside lifts up the cliff face. Wanted to see the newish Jerwood Gallery but was closed doh! There was a lot of opposition to it being built in the old part but its been made of black enamel so it fits in with the surroundings and doesn't look out of place. Nice day out, very hot summery day.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Sanguine try northumbrian cottages.

I had a lovely lunchtime walk in the sunshine.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did exercise in pool. Can't remember exactly what, but did record it at the time, so will report fully when I have had a good sleep.

I do have an appointment for induction to gym programme though. Scared!

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
You'll be fine @Pipp just do what you feel you can manage..

Hour's walk yesterday, still hot and sunny, 22 deg but deteriorated into thunderstorms last night after becoming very muggy, feels fresher this morning..

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck with the induction @Pipp

So far today I've done 16 mins on bike before lunch, 20 mins ironing and lots of bingo wing exercises with weights. Just need some bingo thigh ones now

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been out walking round our local market today for over an hour with a couple of friends . I never gave into temptation and bought any shoes or handbags but did buy my weekly bunch of flowers . As an ex florist I always like fresh flowers in the house , silk ones just don't do it for me .

Reactions: 2 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck with the induction @Pipp

So far today I've done 16 mins on bike before lunch, 20 mins ironing and lots of bingo wing exercises with weights. Just need some bingo thigh ones now
Thank you, @cold ethyl @Pollylocks and @connie104. What I filed to mention is that the induction is not for a few weeks, and I don't have to use the gym if I don't like the look of it. I can try other activities such as yoga. Chicken? Me? Cluck cluck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I left the swimming pool out of my routine today, and instead ventured into town. On my own. Not something I have been able to do much for the last few years. I was apprehensive, but wanted to challenge myself a bit. I walked a bit, sat on benches a bit more, then met a friend for a coffee. She had cake, I didn't. Then a bit more walking but not far.

I walked for at least 30 mins in short relays with lots of breaks inbetween. It felt weird doing something so normal. Sore now, but will finish with Pilates to make up the time.

Reactions: 4 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Lunchtime walk , , can't believe its still warm so making the most of it .

Confession. .had Chinese for tea. Only had a little bit of the rice ...

Reactions: 2 people

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
Just over 40 minutes walk yesterday..

Ordered a 'professional weighted magnetic fitness exercise massager abs workout' yesterday from eBay......thats a hula hoop to you and me :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Reactions: 3 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeh....confession time for me. I promised Connie I'd be back today and I haven't done anything all day, I was just too tired and lethargic. I'll be walking a bit tomorrow

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Did extra 16 minutes on bike last night. Today so far was a bit of walking in town and tidying house. Going to let dinner settle then have a peddle.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Where has everyone else gone?

An aquafit session 50 mins duration, and hard work it was too.