Anyone familiar with retrograde ejaculation?

MCM5278

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, I was just curious if there was anyone out there with retrograde ejaculation that has had any success with any sort of treatment for this?
It wouldn't really be a bother if I wasn't wanting to have a child. Thanks for any input.

MCM5278

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Squire
Thanks, I appreciate the reading material you provided. It was very interesting to read and brings a lot of hope knowing there is still a possibility of being able to have a child.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Squire
Thanks, I appreciate the reading material you provided. It was very interesting to read and brings a lot of hope knowing there is still a possibility of being able to have a child.
there is no problem having a child, even if it's AI where they withdraw semen.
how is your BG control, that probably has more of a bearing of all the side effects of diabetes, getting that right can help a multitude of problems

Reactions: 2 people

MCM5278

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Jack, Thanks,
its good to know there's atleast other options. My bg control is getting a lot better than it used to be. I was out of control for years but have recently in the last year tightened up. I just hope it is retrograde and not something else to where I don't produce semen or sperm. I wasn't sure if there were any other diabetic related issues that could cause one to have a dry orgasm. Thanks again for your input.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
HI. I'm not aware of any reasons why diabetes would cause retrograde ejaculation. I recently had a prostate reduction op and RE is the inevitable result but as I don't want any more children it's not a problem. As others have said I guess AI is available if needed.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Daibell diabetic neuropathy is one of the causes. It hasn't been said, but I'm sure @MCM5278 is seeing his Dr about this.
Hi Jack. Yes, I'm sure you are right but neuropathy can cause almost anything to go wrong including bladder function which my consultant thought might be an issue. My understanding is that RE normally occurs after the bladder sphincter muscle is modified during ops on the waterworks, but I guess with db anything can happen!

Reactions: 2 people