Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I dunno, just to get first crack at a <40 mutter mutter ;)

Seriously though, well done and fingers crossed! I've got my next tests now on 6 October after getting back from Oz.

Highly improbable this time, but hoping to be there by December (providing it is done before Christmas. Lol.)
Good luck to you, too, Rod. I hope your trip doesn't send you haywire.

Reactions: 5 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
beans and bananas are not my usual diet peeps its usually home made yogurt and salads loads of weight to lose. But yesterday I had a day off work and had a banana for breakfast instead of yogurt. and didn't want lunch but had to take meds so had another nana. Didn't really want to eat last night so heated some beans and shared with Sam the parrot

Aside from the fact you weren't in work, why did you choose bananas and beans to eat yesterday? Very peculiar choices for someone going down the LCHF route?

Paulabetts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
meat selfish people slugs and snails
was fed up with yogurt though back on it today its been my staple since April or-though flavors vary. and as I wasnt hungry as such if I didnt eat i would not have eaten all day so decided to have something the parrot would eat as he doesnt like salad. which is also my mainstay

Paulabetts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
meat selfish people slugs and snails
rebelled I guess just for a day

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a stupid question and I am sure you know the answer to it but in my meter it's showing me an average of 7 days 14 days and 30 days so 7 days is the last seven days not the first seven days right?
The reading looks really good of last 7 days at 5.1 and 5.3 for last 14 but don't want to get too happy about it

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Yes it's the last 7, 14, 30 etc

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.8 this morning after taking the recommended spoonful of peanut butter at bedtime. There really is no rhyme or reason to this. I had an extra long walk at lunchtime and my bs didn't go above 6.7 all day.:mad:

Reactions: 2 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
6.4 so eating a handfull of nuts and maybe some sugar free jelly at night helps keep the levels down

Reactions: 4 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.5 not out of bed but pre breakfast, yesterday 1st full day with 2 hours after meals reading all below 6.0 averaging 5.4, limbo, limbo a little lower . didn't bother with pre as I was totally confident of the meals. Getting there

Reactions: 6 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 for me - went to bed on 5.3, stayed in 5's all day again apart from 6.3 2 hours after having an Apple with my lunch of ham and cheese

Reactions: 3 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 before dinner
Had a very late dinner yesterday and tried rice for second time in a month and a half of diagnosis and I had decent amount too so was really keen to test so just did a test 1 hour after and it was 5.9

woke up to 5.5

Reactions: 3 people

alliebee

Well just maybe the liver dump faries are beginning to get the idea they are. Not Wanted!
Went to bed at 6.2
Woke at 8.0. The last few days I've woken at 10 or 11

So a definate improvement

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6- redid as first test was 6.6 but hadn't washed hands and remembered I'd had some chocolate in bed( 2sq dark- I know how to party. Didn't get to sleep till after 3 so not sure that helped either.

Reactions: 6 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Got a 4.8 at bedtime so re-tested to make sure. ******, it was 5.2 so had to average! :( Still pleased though because I had some pastry for tea at 7-15

5.2 this morning :)

I have also lost another 1lb. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.