Pole: what's your daily calorie intake?

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello I aim for 1200 but often go under. I do put my exercise in mfp and that gives me bonus calories but I never seem to use them:)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I also use MFP but never enter my exercise, such as it is. I look on any calories burned through exercise as a bonus and there to cover any excess calories I may eat.

Great if you have excess calories to count as a bonus!! I know I'm a minority, but trying to eat excess for the calories burnt is a problem is a problem for me as I just don't get hunger signals at all. Never been purposefully dieting in my life so its not wanting not to eat to stay slim. I want a bit of poundage and curves...

See, true again, we're never happy with what we are!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great if you have excess calories to count as a bonus!! I know I'm a minority, but trying to eat excess for the calories burnt is a problem is a problem for me as I just don't get hunger signals at all. Never been purposefully dieting in my life so its not wanting not to eat to stay slim. I want a bit of poundage and curves...

See, true again, we're never happy with what we are!

Well, if you really, really want to gain a little, you could try upping your carbs a bit. That seems to have worked for, probably, hundreds on here. :)

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Lol!! There is just no urge to eat any more. Having increased to having fruit and cream for breakfast and cheese for supper is more than I actually want. Hubby leaves breakfast out for me already in a ramekin prepared so I eat it, otherwise as much as I enjoy eating the breakfast I wouldn't eat.....there is no hunger at all....

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
lol lol you are right we are never satisfied. I need to lose about 2 stone.:)

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't think about total weightloss needed. I treat it half a stone at a time otherwise I'd give up!

alliebee

According to my fitness pal. I'm not eating enough...my goal is 1300 cals. Although with lchf diet I'm more watching the carbs...I just don't feel that hungry. I enjoy my meals but seem to be satisfied so much more on this way of eating...I'm losing weight nicely which is good as I have a bit more than a stone to lose. But I am feeling great..I can't excersise as I have multiple sclerosis ( and no one invited diabetes to the party). Wish I had cut down the carbs long before this

Reactions: 4 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Probably 2000 calories a day.:chicken:

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I think I get through about 1500 but I'm not sure. At the moment all I know is I've lost weight almost on a straight line basis since the end of March (see sig below) and will soon be at my target if that keeps up. At that time (before really) I will need to look at it a bit more carefully to stabilise my weight without adversely affecting my blood sugars. That could mean upping my protein or fats slightly - I don't want to reduce exercise because that is good for my cholesterol, and I certainly won't be upping carbs just for the calories.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Maintenance has got to be the real challenge on this journey but in thinking low carb may be easier to fend off the pounds than other diets. I'll let you know when I get there....

Keep it up tho rod!

X

tonyS54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The last time I saw the dietitian four years ago she worked out I needed about 2500 calories for weight maintenance, I've never bothered counting them though as my weight has remained stable.:)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm wary of the whole calorie calc nightmare.

I'm absolutely certain that I am eating more calories on my low carb regime (the amount I eat is awesome), but I am losing weight. I was definitely eating fewer calories in the days I scrimped, cal counted, and ate more carbs.

I eat to my appetite, and forget about that calorie nonsense (personal opinion only!)

A few weeks ago, I was eating 1900-3000 cals according to myfitnesspal, and losing 1/3 lb per week.
But I am generously curved. ;)

Reactions: 6 people

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Eating very low carb I'm not concerned about my cals but usually 1600-1800, more important to me is the energy percent from fat which I try to keep at least at 85%. A normal day 50-60 gram protein, 150/160 gram fat and less then 10 gram carbs(usually 5-7 gram) and yes I'm loosing weight app 1 lbs per week and no regular exercise. Going to low in cals could mean my body could go into keepers mood.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Calories range from 1200 to 3500, depending on my day. I try to get the average at 1800, but eat more if I'm exercising heavily, (I can burn up to 1500 calories). I usually rely on the scales to guide me up or down, and my shape in the mirror.

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow you're hardcore modesty! I thought my 20-30g was hard!!!
The really hard core when it comes to lchf are the ones doing "fakir" which means the just eat fat and some protein (1 gram protein to target body weight in kilo) no carbs at all, all tough some eat egg that naturally contains some carbs.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
1800 but quite low carbs ca 15 grams /day, about 70 grams of protein and 160 grams of fat. Hungry ?, sometimes but its all a matter of getting used to new ways.The excellent results keep me motivated and on target..................................................in the beginning it was not so easy at all.

Reactions: 5 people